Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:50 pm

He is on Sulpha Trimeth.

And now, when I went up there to administer 2nd dose of Ivermectin, I see red pee again. It's Mia. So I'm going to get a sample in the morning, take it in to Dr. A.

No, she did not use the otoscope on George. He was very agitated when we got to his teeth. I will just have to take him back after his medicine is up.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Sirius is going in tomorrow afternoon for a chronic, resistant UTI. I swear it's our water. :-(

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:27 am

Russell has recurring UTI's until he took Baytril. That seemed to zap it out (knock on wood).

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 am

STF, how are the piggies doing?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:40 am

Piggies are status quo. I got a urine sample yesterday from Mia and took it to Dr. A but never heard back from them. I need to call this morning before my day gets too crazy.

They LOOVVEE their new hay and pellets (I didn't know we were getting KM's pellets too-thank you Fairy PigParent!)

They have had second dose of Ivermectin. I still need to bathe them-where does time go?

George is not drinking as much water. I'm taking that as a good sign as he would blow through a 16 oz bottle in one day. Now he only drinks about 1/2 of it in one day.

I had to take the saks out of the girls cage because they were hibernating in them. They were all warm and wet and smelly when I'd pry them out. I just think that, until I get them clean and healthy, they need to have the air circulating around "their parts".

Fourboys4now

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:39 am

I'm glad it sounds like they are doing so well. Thanks for taking your time to love and spoil them!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Hopefully you'll hear (or have heard) from Dr. A. today. They had a bunch of emergencies in there yesterday and it was pure chaos.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:54 am

I still didn't hear back even AFTER I called and they said she'd look at it soon.

I'm just going to start her on AB's...I think. Wouldn't y'all? Just to get something in her?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:55 pm

I would. I'd start her on 14 days of sulfa trimeth, if you have any.

I've done this more than once and Dr. A. doesn't get upset. ;-) If it doesn't resolve, you go from there but this is generally where she starts anyway.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Good. Because I had some left over from Isabelle. I started both the foster girls on it. Mia because I know she's got something going on, and Nala because she's wanting to hide again and her pee is smelling. I'd rather be safe and get something in them before it's too late.

Monday is weigh in day again. I put a hay rack in the girls cage to discourage burrowing in the hay and staying there. The carefresh is soaked beyond belief and so much hay is wasted that way.

Oh, BTW, I have to fight George to get his meds in him. Mia sucks it down like it's candy! Nala is like George. I think they are siblings! ;)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 am

Today they are getting their last Ivermectin treatment. George has a few more days on his AB's and the girls still have another week and 1/2 or so. Quarantine supposedly ends on the 23rd.

Weights are now:
George 1146 (he's gained 100 gms since coming here)
Mia 1172 - she's gone down some since last week but she is more active so maybe that has something to do with it?
Nala 1030 - only a slight gain from last week but overall she's gained 62 grams. I am still working on fattening her up.

I'm thinking that because the girls are not showing tremendous increases, they are most likely not pregnant. The last possible conception date would've been June 2. At two weeks would we be able to see increases in weights?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:18 pm

I don't know but I hope their weights are a good sign that they aren't.