I've Gotta Secret

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:46 pm

But I can't hold it in anymore! I will be a new mommy in a few days. I wanted to tell everyone earlier but didn't want to jinx the whole dealy but I'm pretty sure the girls will be arriving safe and sound w/ GuineaDaddy (aka Chris from AZ). Yeah, I'm adopting girls through APPR. Come people, you know me and my weakness for himis. ;)

Actually I'm adoping Jet & Rosie (who will be named Jetta & Halo). Jetta is a self-black and Halo is a himi. I've always wanted a self-black piggie, too. I've come close w/ Puddin but Jet is just too darned cute.

Halo Heaven Leigh's petfinder picture:

Jetta Midnite Star's petfinder pictures:

Well the story should've ended there but at the last minute when I found out that APPR were going to take in 100 piggies soon, I contacted Amanda and I was able to adopt two more piggies from Amanda. I'm also adopting Abbey & Josephine. I did hem and haw over taking these girls earlier but thought, "I can't do 4 at one time." I should wait and I was going to but then I saw that Amanda/APPR was going to help out all those suffering piggies, I knew I could free up, at least 2 spots for them. They're gorgeous girls (all of them are). But my other weakness is for the piggies that are "less than perfect". Josephine is blind in one eye. She and Abbey are bonded, so I had to take them both. ;) Can't separate best friends, now can we?

So here are their petfinder pictures. I'm still not sure if I'm happy w/ their "full names" that I've come up with, I'm still debating the full names. Their "short" names will be Abbey & Josie. I'm think Abbey will be Abigail Irene Storm and Josie will be Josephine Raelyn Thunder. The piggies' middle names are my human daughters' middle names. The last name is the weather out this way today. :) So let me know what you all think.

Here's Abbey:

And Josie:

Momo, you may have to give me some pointers on keep Josie's hair trimmed up front. I've only had to worry about long haired butt girls. Josie will be my first long haired over face girl. :)

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:53 pm

They are all very lovely girls! You have such a big heart, JennG. :)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:53 pm

They are all adorable. I'm so glad you could help, they definitely need the room.

Congrats and I love the names:)

My daughter's name is Abigail.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:57 pm

They're just adorable and bless you for taking them in. They have no idea what a great home they're going to but I bet they figure it out very soon. : )

I like their names.

CavyConfusion
Cavy Slave since '05

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Your new girls are adorable.

Feylin

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:09 pm

I knew! I thought you'd want to keep the secret longer though. :)

I love Josie's hair. I like how she has salt and pepper.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited about their arrival.

Feylin, I was going to keep it a secret until they physically got here but I'm just so excited (and nervous). Anyways, I'll be taking lots and lots of pictures when they get here.

Feylin

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:23 pm

You know, I'm looking at your new girls again with Max (aka Black Boy) on my lap. He rumbled at them! They must be sexy girls! Jetta looks like she's Max's long lost twin sister. :)

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:28 pm

Well, I was thinking that my Puddin was a self-black but she's grown some brown as she's gotten older. Puddin's really shiny. I'm really curious to see if Jetta is all black or if she'll have some different coloring in her. Either way, they're all beautiful.

Puddin

Feylin

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:32 pm

I kind of like the whole color changing pig thing, actually.

I can't wait for your girls to get here and have a proper spa and picture day! They'll be so happy.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:32 pm

Now, I've got to see where everyone's going to live. I'm thinking the four new girls are going to live w/ Rascal and his 3 girls. I can fit 8 piggies in that section pretty comfortably. We'll see how they get along. That's my younger group of piggies and Piper seems to run that herd. She just lets Rascal think he runs it.

So, I'll have: Angel, Gracie & Coco living together; Hunny living by herself til she goes back to school; Patches w/ his girls-Callie, Mia, Bailey, Lily, Puddin, & Khloe (this group is 2yrs & older); and Rascal w/ his girls-Piper, Luna, Roxie, Jetta, Halo, Josie & Abbey (this group is 2yrs & younger). At least, I'm hoping this will work.

Feylin

Post   » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Too bad you can't just have the whole group of pigs herding around both lower levels! The boys don't like one another, right?

The pictures of the intros will be fun! Do you know if the 4 rescue pigs have ever been introed to eachother?