I've Gotta Secret

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:09 am

That was a awesome way to kick off the festivities of the night! Hooray for safe travels.
Abby has a rooster tail! I love that last picture of her, she looks like she's about ready to charge. Josie peering over "better bring the veggies or no mercy for you."

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:16 am

These girls are so adorable! Halo is the most skittish of the girls but I'm sure she'll come around. Jetta has been "visiting" w/ some of the herd next door. Abbey is SO freakin soft. And Josie, I just love her hair. We weighed everyone tonight and surprisingly Josie weighs the same as Jetta & Halo. I guess w/ all that fur she just looks bigger.

I've taken some more pics but I have a question. When we were weighing everyone and combing/brushing them, I noticed that poor Josie has an ear tag. I know I've read somewhere that it can be removed but I don't remember how. Should I have a vet remove it or can I? Thanks for letting me know.

And now here are a few pictures of the girls.

Josie & Abbey

Jetta & Halo

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 am

I think I'd have a vet remove it for fear of ripping their ear if they squirm or unsteady hand.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:10 am

Jenn your newbies are very cute! I am happy for you.

I also would have the vet remove the ear tag.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Well I had to move my pictures, so here's those and some more again. :) I'm just loving these girls.

Josie & Abbey

Jetta & Halo

Feylin

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Hello Jetta! I just love her ears. :)

You can take that ear tag out on your own if the pig does not squirm. My vet showed me how to do it. You need to get your fingernails on the top and bottom of the tag and gently pry it apart. I was able to take some of the tags off, but some of them had to go to the vet so I didnt hurt their ears. If the pig squirms, take 'em to the vet.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:02 pm

How cute are they! Are they starting to settle into their new surroundings?

I love Halo's chocolate "smudge." :}

rshevin

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:55 pm

I'm with Feylin. Take a good, long look and maybe some diagonal cutters. If you're confident it'll be easy to remove, give it a try. Otherwise, the vet is always around.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Aw, they're beautiful. I just love Halo. Her little smudged nose is so cute. I like the picture of Josie under the Weaver cozy.

They sure are lucky girls.

Robo

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 pm

They're all so wonderfully precious!

-Robo

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:36 pm

They are lovely. :)

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Ms Jetta's going to be a bit spoiled. I've caught my 10yr old daughter taking her upstairs to her room. She says that Jetta will fall asleep on her lap. Awww!