I've Gotta Secret

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:51 pm

Jenn, is this 19 piggies now? I am beginning to lose count :) Between you and Kermie, I can't keep everyone straight. Not even mentioning my own herd--lol.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:03 pm

I officially have 18 plus Hunny, the summertime classroom piggie who's visiting. And unless I find a peruvian himi, the G-Herd Inn is closed. :)

I do have a wide range of ages in my herd. Gracie's probably the oldest at around 5yrs and I'm thinking Jetta's the youngest at around 6mons old.

Seniors are Gracie-5yrs and Angel-4 1/2yrs; Coco's 3yrs old.

Older herd are: Patches & Callie almost 4yrs; Mia, Bailey & Khloe around 3yrs; Lily 2yrs and Puddin 1 1/2yrs

Younger herd are: Rascal 2yrs; Luna, Roxie, & Abbey 1yr old; Piper & Josie about 10mons; Halo about 8mons; and Jetta around 6mons old.

Of course, these are all guestimations w/ the exception of Rascal, Patches & Coco.

The teacher told us that Hunny was purchased about 4yrs ago. So, I'm thinking she's around 4 to 4 1/2yrs old but she doesn't act like a 4yr old.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:18 pm

Hunny really is going back?

Your herd is a lot like mine, but I have more old timers than you do :)

Natasha is seven, Sidney and Sherman are six, Spencer is six, Dudley and Peabody are five.

Roxie is four and a half, Belle is three, Hopkins is three, Lacey and Lucy are two, Allie-Belle is one, and I have no idea about the three new girls (they have not been to the vets yet) I am guessing they are on the younger side, either one or two.

Kermie831

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:33 pm

OOO! Can I play?!

Bacardi says you are as old as you feel!

6: Bacardi and Nestle
5.5: Honey and Sydney
5: Amber
4: Tessa
3.5: Raja, Gheera and Jack
3: Cadbury, Gloria and Mickey
2.5: Zabby, Ginger, Charlie and Pinky
2: Carmi, Lacey, Bessie and Serenity
1.5: Linny, Tucker, Reesie, Junie, Bevo, Abigail and Spaetzle
9 months: Butters and Minnie
7 months: Holly, Ivy, Polie and George

I agree, we are hard to keep up with, but Lorvoll is the worst! There are always kids coming and going! Speaking of, Jenn needs to go to CatNap!

Wow, the Weaver Inn is closed, the G-herd Inn is closed, The Weber Inn is closed, the Lorvoll Inn is closed... What's a piggie to do?!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:57 pm

Ok, I was very, very, VERY brave and was able to get the ear tag out w/ the help of my kids. Poor Josie! She's getting lots of lovin now and extra veggies for her bravery. :) I cleaned the hole in her ear and we'll watch for any infection over the next week or so. Hopefully, she'll be ok.

And it's so sad that so many Guinea Pig Inns/Resorts are closed.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:02 pm

Mine is in Hiatus until we transfer. After we transfer I will be doing foster care again.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Well, I have 18 plus a summertime piggie. I could feasibly go to 20 plus Hunny but w/ JUST adding 4 at once. I need to get things settled before I even THINK of taking on any more. But like I said, IF there ever comes available a female himi peruvian, I'd find the will to get her. Bawhahahaha!!

I'm just too excited because a few years ago, I was in love (& always wanted) in the self-black piggies and the himi piggies. I never thought I'd adopt either and here I have 2 himis (w/ 3 possible himiwannabes) and a self-black (w/ 1 that tries but she keeps adding brown to her fur). :)

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Yours' are so adorable! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! LOL

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

VP, your piggies are so cute, too!!!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Ok, here's a question. Now that the girls have been here for a few days, I'm not sure if I like the names for the youngest two. I think Josie & Abbey's name fit them but not too sure about Jetta and Halo. I like Raven for Jetta but not sure about Halo's name. Hmm? What do ya'll think??

LorVoll

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Remember the old cartoon of "Josie and the Pussycats"? The names of the Pussycats were Melody and Valerie. What'cha think?!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Well, after discussing the names w/ the children, we've decided to leave everyone's name as they are.

Tonight has been interesting, we did intros w/ the 4 girls w/ 4 of the herd-Rascal, Piper, Luna & Roxie. Let me tell ya something, it's like OH vs AZ downstairs. Rascal and Abbey are the two trying to dominate. So far, just some teeth chattering and hair pulling. Oh! Rascal's been humping everyone (or trying, some girls are just too fast for him-Jetta for one). Intros suck! But at least, I got poor Hunny out of the tiny quarantine cage.

And I forgot to ask, how does one comb a peruvians hair so that it actually looks decent and not that they just rolled out of bed???