Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:29 pm

I've moved this to Medical because we found out today that Mia is definitely pregnant.

Mia's rad

That is a PDF file of a Word document containing my best shot at her rad.

In the lower center of the picture, you can see one head, and one spine.

The vet says her pelvic bones are not fused; the separation is clear. She can't speak to the ligaments' condition, though. We **think** she's delivered young before but we don't know. I don't like the idea of one big baby. I really wish it was two or three smaller ones (Jenn and StF, don't shoot me. ;-)

For those of you with pregnancy and delivery experience -- can you tell about how far along this little baby is? When can we (roughly) expect her to deliver if you can tell?

The best guess of someone(s) experienced will give us an idea of how to plan for her fostering, postdelivery care, who's closest to the ER vet if she needs a C-section, etc.

Thank you!!

Jennicat

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Talishan, if you're comfortable with her travelling, I've got 2 ER vets near me. We actually have an exotics speciality ER vet about 20 minutes away, and a non-specialty 10 minutes away with some experience.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 pm

**packs car right now**

The ER vet by us I **think** could do a C-section. They certainly are not an exotics specialty ER, though.

I just really want to have *some* idea of how far along she might be before hitting the road. I just don't want her to have her baby on 85 somewhere. StF, what do you think?

Jennicat

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:24 pm

Talishan, with your luck she could be a 2.5 months from delivering and she'd still have the baby en route. We'll name it Talishan in your honor. ;)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:26 pm

AAAAAiiieeeeeee!!!!

<runs and screams in horror>

Poor little thing. I'd give them both some nice fresh Starbucks, though ... (joke)

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Wow, nice picture. The position looks so funny compared to a human baby, but I know they're uterus is so different from ours. Remember that breeder who had the Cooper & Schiller diagrams and xrays on his site for so long? I went to go find the one of the pregnant sow there to compare, and it's finally taken down.

I searched and searched for another baby in there in vain. I know your vet had a much better view. Poor baby.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:31 pm

It's up to you all. If you're sure she would be ok travelling...

Look at that little spine! It's all snakey-like. It's too bad you can't tell on a GP, like a human, by measuring to tell how far along they are.

T and I also have a sneaking suspicion that Nala is pregnant too.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:02 pm

Should I put a pigloo in her enclosure? Just in case she's close or will be close to delivery soon? I will be baby proofing the cage in the next day or so as well. I don't think she's that close but I'd rather be safe than sorry! I know how the little guys can zoom.

rshevin

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:06 pm

I would do both, some kind of house and baby proofing, even if it's just cereal boxes shoved between the coro and cubes. Better safe than sorry.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:09 pm

I believe I have enough scrap coroplast to do the baby proofing. I also have that rainbow colored play pen I could wrap around the coro between that and the cubes, like I did with the Nov 9 babies (Turco, Miikka and Marleau).

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Ditto Rshevin. I think both are a good idea, otherwise she'll have her pup in a Weaver sack because she never comes out of them!!!!! ;-)

Let me know if you need any more scrap coroplast. **That** we have tons of, in various shapes and sizes.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:22 am

Sending good thoughts for Mia and Nala. They are so fortunate to have so many wonderful people looking out for them. :)