Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:30 am

Looks like Baby Nellie's little saks will be put to use after all!!! *smiling real big*

I hope that everything works out ok for both Mama and baby. I really enjoyed looking at the x-ray. Very neat. I called the kids over to look and I could not see the baby at first, but my son found the pup right away :)

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:42 am

Sounds like someone has a career in radiology ahead of him!

Vipergurl88

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:21 pm

When misty was x-rayed back in January, the crown of jedi's head was lined right up against the birth canal, and her pelvis was separated a bit further. She delivered 2 days after that rad, so my guess would be you've got a few days before delivery.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:24 pm

A few days?? Aiiieeeeee!!!

VG, was Jedi about the same size (relative to the mother) as what's in Mia's x-ray? Larger? Smaller?

I have a call in to the vet for her best guess.

The last time I had to deal with this at all was seven years ago. At that time, the vet said no traveling less than 2 to 3 weeks out. If that's what my vet tells me now, StF, Jenn, I don't want to risk it.

Will let everyone know what my vet says. She has Thursdays off but is very good about returning calls on Friday.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Talishan, the baby in your xray isn't engaged at all, unless I'm really misinterpreting guinea pig anatomy. Vipergurl's baby was head down in the birth canal. I'm going to go out on a shaky limb and say you have a few weeks. How many is a few? No freaking clue. I wouldn't be comfortable transporting, but that's just me.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Thanks very much for your insights, all of you. I have never even had children myself, so I have absolutely no idea what's going on or what order it goes on in.

Her health is otherwise quite good (thanks to StF).

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Personally, I would feel better keeping her through delivery. With the heat and all the pop up thunderstorms we've been experiencing I just think it would be better to keep her in a controlled environment until babe comes. Then we will get her on her way with the little one.

She is eating and drinking well. She is my loudest wheeker too and loves her veggies! I don't want to upset the apple cart and try to move her.

So...shall we start a pool on delivery dates! :)

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:42 pm

Can you tell no one here has any doubts on your abilities to handle the pregnancy? :-D Sure Talishan would do a great job, but since you will too, why risk. Just be aware we will be demanding immediate baby pictures so keep your camera charged or be ware our wrath.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:48 pm

Oh don't worry...camera will be armed and ready! Gosh, I hope it happens when I'm home. I know it won't though. Maybe since both are "with pup" maybe one will be kind enough to let me witness.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Are they in the same cage? Next door neighbors?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:10 pm

No, neither. The way the room is laid out they can only be across the room from each other. Mia is kind of a bitch to everyone else (pig-wise) so she is by herself. Nala is with Miikka and Turco but they are all floor level and can see/hear/smell each other. They are maybe 4 feet apart.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:43 pm

Let there be no doubt that StF will do a much better job than I would, believe me!!!!!! At least she has a son of her own! :-p

StF, I'll email you tomorrow about how we can work it if she needs help delivering.

Thank you so much for being willing and able to keep her until she delivers. I'll feel much better taking her and pup up to Jenn than just her with pup-to-be.

(Mia is also closest to the fridge, so she'd probably vote to stay. ;-)