Essential oils and fungal infection

EllieMom

Post   » Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 am

I'm so impressed with how hard you've worked with little Wanita. She looks like a completely different pig.

cavy_cool_crazy

Post   » Fri May 23, 2008 7:09 am

I take my hat off to you, you've done a fantastic job with Wanita. She looks like a different pig, and so much happier and more comfortable.

1921kathryn

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi everyone :) Just thought I'd show you another pic of Wanitas progress. WHAT A CUTIE! She's now 650g I'm so impressed with her improvement (original fungal weight was 525g) her hair still continues to grow around her face. Note the heavy crystal food bowls, nothings too good for Wanita ;)

I can even get her to do the circle trick for a treat, (my partner thinks this demeans her.) I love it, it makes me laugh every time.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Oh wow! She's looking even better. There's a quality to her fur that's even better now. Lovely girl.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:41 am

She is gorgeous. :)

Alibabble

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:00 am

She looks so much better!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:26 am

Oh, yes, big improvement!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:44 am

Sorry, I haven't read back through your thread. Was this from using Program? Really great results.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:42 pm

She looks wonderful!

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Awesome! She looks great. Good job!

1921kathryn

Post   » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:48 am

Sef1268 in reply to your question was is program

"I haven't read back through your thread. Was this from using Program?"

No I didn't use program but was considering it in the later stages, then she seemed to improve with her heath so I didn't want to overdose her with medication.

I started with ivermectin but credit neem oil, fungal cream, olive/coconut oil and daktrain oral gel (for babies). The daktrain oral gel was administered orally for any internal fungal spores she may have in her system especially as Wanita's fungal condition was advanced. I did give her one dosage of Revolution at the end of treatment, but didn't follow up on the next recommended dosage

Not all conservative veterinary treatment, but hey it worked for me

I did have constant guidance from Thistle Cavies

Fingers crossed it doesn't come back, it's winter is Australia so I figure it's gonna be less of a problem.

I would maybe like to detail Wanita's treatment at some stage if this is ok with GL? Lynx?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:17 am

Good info; thanks. I asked because a GP rescue near me is dealing with a severe fungal case (originally thought to be mites), and I recommended Program if no improvement w/ micronidazole. I might also contact her and also mention neem oil and coconut oil. I've had good luck with both on skin issues.

Kudos to you for your hard work and good success! :}