Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

Jennicat

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:28 am

Hah! I'm glad she's got a nice comfy birthing home, though I'm sure she'll keep that baby in as long as possible to continue soaking up all the veggies. ;)

rshevin

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:16 am

That sounds like a good layout. I just didn't want one to go into labor and induce the other too early.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:00 pm

Good point. The other will have eight zillion aunties, though. StF has an awesome setup. <hint for pictures>

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Pictures tomorrow. Too tired tonight. Very hot and humid on dog walks today. I'm dead.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:42 am

Never did post pics, did I? Sorry. I put some in the Cavy Chat thread but here it is for the medical folks, along with a quick update on the mamma's to be.

And actually T, Nala's babies will only have one auntie (Miikka) and then there's Uncle Turco! I hope he does ok with the babes. I don't know where I'll put him if I have to separate.

Both mom's are doing fine. I think Nala is further along but I am very inexperienced. She is starting to slow down some which is why I think that. She is also bigger but that could be because she has more than one pup in her.

She is so sweet. I think she will make a very good mom. I held her for a long time today trying to see if I could feel movement and she kissed my fingers most of the time I held her! I love this pig!

Mamma Mia is still her sassy self popping around like a baby herself. And still my loudest pig when the fridge door opens. Nala is a close 2nd though!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:37 pm

I told you guys she had a drop dead gorgeous setup. ;-)

StF, do you need any more alfalfa hay and/or pellets and/or anything else?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:48 pm

I had one very young pig here who delivered one, very large baby.

In fact, she'd been on pregnancy watch, and I'd written her off as nonpregnant. She popped out an enormous baby on day 69 with no problems whatsoever. She didn't even look pregnant.

I think quite often first pregnancies result in one large baby.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:56 pm

T, I am running low on pellets. Because I am now feeding the alfalfa pellets exclusively to the mamma's that means Miikka and Turco are getting them too. Which really doesn't hurt them because they are still not a year old themselves, but I am going through them faster than I thought I would if it was just two pigs eating.

Hay, I am good on. Still have over half that box. But, again, the two cages are getting that exclusively since we have mamma's in both. Mia is really starting to chow on hers.

I figure my girls should have their pups between now and August 13. That will be day 72. Everyday I come in and look for babies!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Pellets are on the way.

Tell Mia she needs to read this thread and do exactly what Mum's pig did!

Turco may very well watch over them and be a nanny boar. He may be too young, but we can hope.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:28 am

Oh God. This morning I see spotting in Mia's cage. Vet is called. Talishan is paged. Cross your crossables it is nothing serious.

rshevin

Post   » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:09 am

I hope it's just baby time and not anything serious.

Jennicat

Post   » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:30 am

Fingers and toes are all crossed for Mama Mia!