Boars Behaving Badly

sammianne

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:53 am

My two troublemakers are doing a lot better. Although there is still some rumblestrutting (in unision usually which is quite amusing!) the chattering at each other, yawning, and lunging has stopped. The boys still chase each other around, but it definitely seems more like play than them being aggressive. They hang out together on the end of the cage they were previously ignoring, but they do seem to make more use of the entire cage. Best of all, no more wounds have been found. Not even teeny tiny ones!

Last night Romeo got very excited hearing the rustle of plastic bags and Ross and Chandler popcorning in their cages. He put on quite a popping squeaking show. I couldn't stop laughing. It was too cute!

George's main issue now is his distrust of people. He's getting a lot better, but we're still working on winning him over. As he seems to get more comfy with us, in turn he doesn't take out his problems on Romeo.

Maybe they will work out as a pair after all.

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 pm

Great advice. Funny thread. Read it all with amusement this afternoon.

It makes my intro troubles look like bare ripples on the pond. LOL. I should be thankful for small mercies!

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:24 pm

I can't view your videos Feylin!

Feylin

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:47 pm

Ah, crap. Hang on. I'll fix that! Thought I did that long ago *mutters at flickr*.

Ok. Let me know if it doesn't work. There's about 4 others up there too that I didn't bother linking to.

Trick- I'm so glad it's helping people over on LJ. Feel free to post it around wherever you want.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Thank you! They all worked.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Ok this is quite possibly the funniest thread I've read yet.

I'd like to chyme in that my Matilda thinks she's a big bad boar on a daily basis, she can rumblestrutt with the best of them and even after over two years of happily living together she still has to come out of whatever pigloo she's occupying at random times through the day and rumble around the entire cage! I'm going to have to get it on video because it's quite funny, Clair will just continue to lay in her pigloo and just watches her go around as if to say "oh lord here we go again"

Matilda is rumbling "i'm the biggest, i'm the badest" shaking her booty all around the 2x4.

So as you have said it isn't just boars who do this!

Feylin

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Oh yes, sows do it too! They tend to get bitchy once a month though, where boys keep it mostly confined to adolesence.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:54 pm

Once a month I should be so lucky! Matilda gets bitchy daily, just because she can as Clair just ignores now her instead of putting her in her place!

Jennicat

Post   » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:10 am

Our two foster boars, Roger and Kevin, are still in quarantine in the living room. They rumble at EVERYTHING. Each other. Food bowls. Hay racks. The dog. The cat.

We're watching some sappy lifetime-esque crying movie the other day, and the main character is getting ready to die and we're all sniffling, Roger goes "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" at the TV.

guineapigbillie

Post   » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:11 am

Lol this thread is SO funny!

Feylin

Post   » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:20 am

Ha! Roger just wanted her to know that he loved her before she died!

That's my favorite part of the rumblestrutting, I think. It can mean "I'm going to kick your a**!" or "hey sexy lady, I lurrrve you!".

Have you been rumbled at yet?

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:22 am

Jasper does a funny thing with his incessant rumbling. He has to remind the girls of his boarliness every few minutes or so, but sometimes if he's a bit sleepy or bit hot he rumblestruts from a lying down position. It's hilarious. He sort of raises his head and paddles his feet and waggles his butt a little but his fat belly never leaves the floor of the cage. I must get a video.