Three just north of Atlanta, GA have until Tuesday

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:14 pm

Probably not. Do you happen to have any of the little 8oz ones? They might have an easier time with those.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:17 pm

I have one. George has claimed it for his own. That's his very favorite and I don't knwo what he'd do if I took it!

Actually, that's a lie. I have 2 bottles but I think I only have one spout. I can't find the second one.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:19 pm

LOL, guess it's rather useless without. My boys love those little ones. I have 2 of the 32oz size but instead they down the little 8oz every day so I understand not stealing it from poor little Georgie. Maybe tear some lettuce up small and see who's interested. Might want to have some lap time with Turco and Miikka so the babes have a fair chance.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:25 pm

Here are the babies with Auntie Miikka and Mommy.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:36 pm

I think we have some spare 4 oz., i.e.:

These

Not exactly the same ones but similar. If you want a couple, give me a call -- leave a message and I'll hear it tomorrow afternoon. I don't think we have any 8 oz. to spare.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:42 pm

I was just thinking of the small sipper tube that my 8oz bottle have. I'm sure a 4oz would have the same size or even smaller (thus better for babies). I dunno. That one looks strange in the picture but I think that's because the bottle is so short relative to the sipper length.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:45 pm

But wouldn't nursing give them the hydration they need, for the first few days at least?

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:55 pm

Absolutely, which is why I'm not worried about tonight. I was thinking you may want a small bottle sometime in the next few days or so. Lettuce just to be safe (and because it'll probably be HILARIOUS to watch them play with it).

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:32 am

Ok. Good. Then I'm going to bed! I can get a smaller water bottle in the next day or so, no problem. Little #2 is eating pellets already!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:58 am

Please tell me it is perfectly normal for newborns to lose a bit of weight their first day.

Baby #1 was 106, today 102.
Baby #2 was 120, today 106.

Both are eating hay and pellets and still nursing fine. Running and popcorning around with Uncle Turco! It's hilarious!

rshevin

Post   » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:21 am

Baby 1's fluctuation could even be due to inaccuracy in your scale (most of then are only accurate to a few grams, if that). I know it's normal for baby humans to loose some weight and I think it's ok for pigs too. I cant' find those growth carts on the site map.

twofinepigs

Post   » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:49 am

Paulo had growth charts for pups, I think, but I can't find them either. :(