Celery Leaves?

Ledasmom

Post   » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:11 pm

We get lovely celery at the farmer's market here - dark green from bottom to top and very leafy. It's always a favorite.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:18 pm

Mine love celery leaves too but don't like celery. Celery stalks don't really have much flavour so I can see why.

Sammianne mine as well will eat the tops of carrots first before the actual carrot! They will also eat the tops of strawberries first before the fruit! (Which I thought was even stranger as strawberries are so sweet).

They luv them greens!

BDM+Ps Mom
OH MY!

Post   » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Mine like the light green leaves on the inside of the stalk better than the dark green leaves on the outside of the stalk.
Does anyone else notice that?
I personally tried them both, and they taste the same to me, but maybe it's because they're more tender?
Or maybe my girls are just picky drama queens?
(My guess is the latter! :) )

My girls are going through a "I don't like any of the veggies I liked last week" phase right now and it's driving my bananas. Aside from my normal purchase of assorted lettuce heads, I bought a boat load of all of their favorites on Sunday (green peppers, red peppers, cucumbers, corn husks, carrots and celery), and they're snubbing all of them! Silly pigs.

rokupic

Post   » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:49 pm

My pigs all love celery and celery leaves. We give them celery most days--I had no idea it should be a treat only.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:51 pm

BDM&P's mom. My girls are going through a picky stage as well. They usually like red,yellow,orange and green peppers but they won't eat those this week.

Oh this week I seen purple bell peppers in the store. Are those any good for pigs?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:45 pm

Purple are fine.

Jackie loves carrot tops, and strawberry tops. But to him, strawberries are OMG POISON OH NOES!!!

lolpigs

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:12 am

ROFLMAO Salana, my Fat Piggie is just the same

tia2370

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:59 am

I can't seem to find any celery at the store that has a lot of leaves on it. Most of it has had the tops chopped off for convienience for snackers.. what a shame!

I gave Ginny a green bean last night to try and she inhaled it. I gave her a few today and she looks at them like they're dirt. So moody!

magicmoo

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:47 am

Mine are being very picky, too. They have snubbed any colour of pepper for about 3 weeks now-just my luck it is cheap at this time in UK! They are reluctant with red AND green oak leaf lettuce, round lettuce and romaine. Sigh.

Mine have never been that keen on carrots, full stop. They eat them sometimes, but mainly they are left until the last in the bowl, and the alternating dirty/begging looks begin.

lolpigs

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:16 am

one of my girls used to hate carrots if i fed them to her she would break them into tiny peices and spit them all over her cage .. little sod!