Boars Behaving Badly

Kateo

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Peking has questionable intentions about his buddy Duke, but he's in denial for now. I can't count how many times I've watched them chase each other around the cage. Prince just watches them and yawns..

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:40 am

You guys are craking me up. I'm new to GL and to this tread. I must add it.

I'm hoping to have a good turn out with towels tomorrow. I think I need to take my pigloo out. I'm a new mommy, and I just can't wait for my guys to get along.

Jennicat

Post   » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:59 am

Sigh. I walked by the foster cage last night and Kevin was apparently asleep and Roger was humping him. I suppose it's inevitable since it's ALL they do ALL the time. Sheesh, these guys are supposed to be 2 years old.

Feylin

Post   » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:53 am

*snerk*

Sometimes, yanoo, a boar just gets the urge......

And well, Kevin, wasn't protesting!

Miss-S

Post   » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:44 am

This thread is great it made me laugh so hard I can't believe I only just saw it.

Salana I love your pig tales they always make me feel better about my Marley's stinky butt problems. I always say to him well thank goodness you're not as bad Salana's Jackie. I think he's thinking....'Jackie sounds like a dude'.

As for the no testicle thing Kofi has none and he rumbles constantly, I mean all the time. His wives go mad at him and shoot pee in his direction a lot but it doesn't bother him, I think there's even a possibility he likes it, ew. The worst though is when people come to visit they always ask what is that pig doing?. Kofi 'rumble' butt and Marley 'stinky' butt my house wouldn't be the same without my gross little lads.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:36 am

I think Jackie likes having a pee face, too. He's a big fan of butts and pee. I think he has a fetish.

Jackie will get quite the big ego if I tell him that another pig admires what he's done with his butt.

Miss-S

Post   » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Jackie sounds like he would fit in great in my house. They could start their own Bad Boy Piggy Crew ;o)

Sparrowman

Post   » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:24 pm

This thread has been great - funny and helpful! I have two neutered boy pigs, Streak and Sparrowman. We got them from a pet store (I am a first-time cavy mom; did not know where to go!) when they were each a few weeks old. We got Sparrowman first, then, when I began to read this site, I went and got Streak. They got along fine from the start, went through neutering together and never had obvious problems until the last couple of days. They are both around 7-8 months old now, and they have been fighting - really fighting, with a bleeding scratch on Sparrowman and a nick on his nose. I broke them up twice when they became screaming balls of fluff. They each have their own cage now (approx. 2.5 X 3.5 ft), placed so that one wall abuts so that they have company.

I have been reading this thread to figure out how to help them get back together and I have some ideas for when Sparrowman heals up. But why did they suddenly cease to get along? They are well past puberty, they have always shared space and gotten along...I just don't get it! Thanks for any insights!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:25 am

Streak: This is my hidey house! My house, my house, my house!
Sparrowman: Hey, that was my house!
Streak: I peed in here first!
Sparrowman: I peed in there last night! Which was before you peed in it!
Streak: Well, I rubbed my butt on it first, so there.
Sparrowman: You're stinking up my house! Hey! I'm in charge here! (raising his chin)
Streak: Yeah? Well, maybe I don't like you being in charge! What do you think about that? (raising his chin higher)
Sparrowman: Maybe I don't care what you think! (raising his chin even higher)
Streak: Oh yeah? (biting Sparrowman's neck)
Sparrowman: Cheater! I'll get you! (attacking Streak)

This is just my conjecture.

pigmenagerie

Post   » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Sparrowman wrote

"They are both around 7-8 months old now... They are well past puberty"

My pigs are aged between 3-5 months and some haven't even hit puberty yet. What age is puperty expected and at what age do these boys become men?

Thanks

Feylin

Post   » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm

Oh, no, they are directly in puberty! :) I think they finally get it out of their system when they're about 1.5 years old. This is only from watching my boys- none of whom are older than 2.

Sparrowman, you need a really big cage and no houses. I'd suggest building a brand new one...go for a 2x5 with a loft if you can.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:07 pm

Um Feylin, I hope Fred it out of puberty...Matilda needs a mature boyfriend...after all she is crouching in the 3-4 year old range.

Oh lord we've got a Demi and Ashton situation don't we? ;)