Henry's Thread

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:40 am

That is a monsta stone, poor thing.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 am

Big stone, little piggy, ouch! I hope the meds help.

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that Henry has a stone. I hate to think of you guys going through this again. Have you considering trying shilintong with him? I thought that it eased some of Lennie's discomfort when he had a stone.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:45 pm

Thank you for reminding me about the shilintong, Katrina. I will have to try it.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:55 pm

"Can I safely give Henry both Tylenol and a partial dose of Metacam?"

I wouldn't. One or the other, but not a combination, even in partial dosing.

TWP_2

Post   » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:29 pm

Thanks, Talishan. I do it for myself when I have a monster headache because it works for me, but I wasn't sure that it was safe for GPs. Jim did some searching, and all he could find regarding interactions was that Henry shouldn't drink alcohol while taking Tylenol.

ETA: Darn it, I forgot I was logged in as Jim and not Diana (TWP).

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:19 pm

No problem. We'll figure out who you are. ;-)

I take all kinds of combinations of things you're not supposed to, but I sure wouldn't do it with the pigs.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:46 pm

Some potentially good news. Our vet has been researching the Actigall and contacted the vet Mum referred me to. She thinks that the Actigall is worth trying. She's working out the dosing right now, and we should be able to start Henry on it this evening.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:14 pm

Oh, I hope it helps!

Henry and Frost look very happy living together. :)

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:18 pm

Henry and Frost look very happy living together. :)

Yeah, finally. The Frostmonster when through a rough adolescence. Very sulky and spent a lot of time yelling, "You're not the boss of me!" and slamming doors.

TWP_2

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:15 pm

Henry had his first dose of Celery-flavored Actigall. This is a long-term treatment, but hopefully we will see some results within ten days. Diana says our vet sounds very hopeful.

It would certainly be nice to have a non-surgical option.

crazycheryl

Post   » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 pm

I do so hope it works. I can't stand the thought of Grandpa Henry having that stone. Good luck and we'll keep all toes and fingers crossed.