help! mom guinea pig died after birth

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 pm

I am so sorry you lost the pup. Pregnancies can be so risky. Contacting a rescue would be a good idea. Read up on guinea pig care here.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:08 am

I'm very sorry that Coco and her little ones are gone. So much heartbreak.

It is very kind of you to be thinking of a new friend for Jinx.

MissPiggy

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 am

I'm sorry you lost them and I hope you find a friend for Jinx very soon.

COCO2

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:15 am

It is so wonderful to need help and have abunch of beautiful people who really care about there piggys help me in our time of heart break.

my husband and I didn't intended to buy a girl. and yes (I bought coco) jinxs was given to us because the woman and her husband started working more. they didn't want him lonely. we have 3 kids so he wouldn't be alone with us. my husband took to him like if he was a newborn. so when we got coco it was because the kids were in school.
and yes I am looking in to adoption.

I just want to thank all of you for your wonderful support. and I know if I need help I can come here. (we never intended for us to have a girl or get her pregnant.) too much heart Break to a family that loves animals.

thank you again.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 am

So sad to hear that neither baby survived. You can adopt another boy to keep Jinx company. So much loss for such a little guy. Good luck finding a friend for Jinx.

Topaz

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:41 am

I'm so sorry for your losses.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 am

I'm so sorry. Hopefully it will bring some comfort to you that in adopting you are saving the life of both the pig you adopt, and enabling the rescue to save another guinea pig from the shelter. It is a life saving choice. Please let us know if you need help finding a piggie boy to adopt.

I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

Lovemypig

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:34 pm

I am sorry as well. I am pretty sure there is a rescue in your area. I remember that area having their pig pignic in the Western Springs/LaGrange area.

I hope through your sadness of loosing these lives you'll be able to save the life of a pig needing a home. Good luck.

Feylin

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Oh, I'm sorry you lost Coco.

Have you looked into building a cage? Many people will tell you boys fight together, but if you have a big enough cage there will be no problem. I have 7 boys!

www.guineapigcages.com has directions for building inexpensive cages.