20+ guinea pigs in shelter in San Gabriel need help!

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:40 pm

Risky situation either way. The volunteer has boars but is not "experienced" with introductions.

Generally, an adult will not hurt a baby. I usually try to pair older pigs with much younger pigs but there is always the factors of personality, cage space, available amenities, and hidden illnesses.

I really think that you should contact Kerri at the Bakersfield rescue. They may be able to meet you somewhere.

kbhanson3@bak.rr.com

Their pigs are on my website:

http://www.nikspiggies.org/Bakersfield.html

BLM

Post   » Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:10 pm

too many cuties on that Bakersfield page, LOL.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:24 pm

Those crested pigs in the center (the black and whites and the red and whites) are the litters from the pigs we rescued from Martinez.

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... t=martinez

They all look exactly like that. And so do their dads. We finally got rid of the last of our Martinez cresteds a month ago, but Kerri still has some.

Here are ours:

BLM

Post   » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:10 pm

in viewing at kerri's adoption pics, it looks like her cresteds have to be adopted together, not individually.

Charybdis

Post   » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:53 pm

She does have some who are still singles. What about Alvin? Bon Bon?

BLM

Post   » Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:13 pm

kerri referred me to the 1-800-save-a-pet.com site. Bon Bon was not on there (although the whities don't really charm us as much as the darkies), and I couldn't tell from Alvin's photo that he was a crested. anyway, me and the kids are torn between:
#1 Starbuck: because he just looks SO CUDDLY!
#2 Gideon: his hairdo is the BEST! and our Henry has sort of a mohawk,
#3 Louis (because he is a youngster and might be easier to match up).

I guess if age doesn't matter for compatibility, then Starbuck and Gideon are running a near tie "just by looks" and what is posted about them.... but Starbuck just seems to exude a huggles look, don't you think?

Charybdis

Post   » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:27 pm

If you are matching with an adult boar, I would go with the youngest of the 3 babies.