Traveling w/ Piggies during Hurricane Gustav

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:16 am

Just checking in! Lyndsay, I hope you and the family (human & furry) are safe & sound. We're in Little Rock, AR this weekend and noticed an influx of "visitors" coming into the hotel yesterday. Found out that there are a bunch of folks coming to stay from LA. This hotel lets small animals stay in the hotel. We've seen folks w/ their beloved furkids-one family had 2 small dogs and a cat or two. It touched my heart that they allow animals. :)

Stay safe to everyone and anyone in this storm's path. We're cutting our trip short, partly because of the storm.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:07 pm

UPDATE: Lyndsay and her family are safe and sound. Hopefully out of the hurricanes path. It is expected to hit tomorrow so she will let me know more tomorrow. Baby guinea & rootbeer are doing fine, they are in a temporary 2x2 each.

Kermie831

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:09 pm

Thank you so much Q-E, we have been worried.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Cavy slave - Elly did evacuate. She posted about it in General Chat. Her and her rescue friend between two vans - 7 people and 33 animals.

Thanks for the update QE that's good to hear!

Sterlings Mom

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:32 pm

We miss you, Lynz... glad to hear you are out of harms way!!

*hugs*

LANDREWS

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:38 am

We're baaaaaaaack!

It ended up missing us completely! Also, once it hit land, it started to downgrade.

The pigs did wonderful during the trip! On the way there it was a 10hr car ride when it should have only taken 6. On the way back, it took 7 hours.

Dr. Pepper and Baby Guinea are so happy to be home and in their beds! This morning I went to refill their hay and give them their morning food and Baby Guinea decided he was going to sleep in. Dr. Pepper was overly loving this morning and kept wanting to be scratched. He's usually the one that will slowly come up to the cage hesitantly but not this morning. I hope he didn't think I was trying to take him to another home to live forever :'( I always wonder that since I adopted him from a rescue and he had been from home to home. Poor baby.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I hope everyone in Louisiana is safe through the storm.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:54 am

That's great news! Welcome home and I'm glad it was all uneventful! :)

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:21 am

YAY! Your back safe & sound. I'm glad it missed you guys. Give your pigs kisses for me.

LANDREWS

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 am

Kermie- If you EVER have to evacuate or go on vacation, you know which little guy I GET!! :)

Quinc*Emma- Thank you for keeping everyone updated ;-)

emilythegreat

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:39 am

Yay for safety!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:00 am

I'm so glad to hear you guys are safe and sound, I was keeping an eye on the weather in your area the past few days!

LANDREWS

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:04 am

Thank you momof3boys!

I got to tell you! Baby Guinea was sleeping in this morning under his new favorite spot...the hammock that you made! LOL He loves it for sleeping UNDER.