Henry's Thread

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Keep us posted.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:54 am

I hope everything goes well at Henry's appointment.

Ginny loves her Critter Berries, but I've noticed that she doesn't enjoy eating them when she's taking certain medications. She usually starts eating them again a week or so later. Perhaps the flavors do not mix well.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:14 pm

I did a photo documentary of our trip to the vet.

This one is called "Waiting."

"How much longer?"

"Get back under the safety towel like me!"

"Post X-Ray." Can you see Henry? No? That's the point.

"The Stone is Bigger."

For comparison, the previous x-ray.

"We're pretty tired of the vet, Mama."

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:15 pm

Dr. Miller said it's possible that the stone hasn't changed all that much, but that we just got the x-ray from a different position last time, and she'd like to keep him on the Actigall for another two weeks to see if there is any change.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:21 pm

I think the pig I discussed with you was on Actigall for 2 months. I remember interim xrays, which were disappointing, then all of a sudden the stone was gone!

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 pm

On the plus side, Henry seems way more comfortable now than he was two weeks ago. And for the past several days, Frost hasn't felt the need to sleep at Henry's feet (a sign of worry). If it keeps up his quality of life, then we'll continue with it.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Hey, I'm sorry the stone isn't gone, but I am glad Henry is feeling better. The actigall trial sounds like it is very worthwhile. Here's hoping that nasty stone will just "go" the way Mum's pig's stone did. He is so adorable. What a good boy at the vet.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:44 pm

Here's hoping that nasty stone will just "go" the way Mum's pig's stone did
Ditto! But not my pig - this was somebody else's girl.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:13 pm

I wish it had been gone too. Or smaller. Or something. Encouraged that he is experiencing less pain though.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:24 pm

His back looks much nicer than Jackie's, though. (In the X-ray)

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:36 pm

Poor Henry.

TWP_2

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:57 pm

I'm not convinced that it is larger--I think it is possible that in the older pic we were seeing a non-spherical stone end-on, and in the newer pic we are seeing it from the side.

Henry is in such great health in every other way, which is one reason why we're so interested in trying whatever we can, within reason. He may be one of the last 20th Century pigs, but he doesn't feel old.