Boars Behaving Badly

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:36 pm

lol salana!

LANDREWS - LOL! I wonder what Canada Post would think, or customs ... if they opened that package HAHA!

Homeland security that! ;)

LANDREWS

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:39 pm

That is hilarious! You know homeland security would give it to the new guy too!

Sterlings Mom

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:24 pm

You could get a boar to toot in the box and mark the outside:

Open with Caution: Michael Phelps Pharts Inside

I think Homeland Security might just go for it... just out of curiosity.

Winnie the Pooh

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Disclaimer: I hope I am not offending anyone by making a hurricane reference so soon after Hurricane Gustav. I don't mean to make light of anyone's experiences.

Category 1 hurricanes Oreo and Cookie went through my pigs' cage last night and have now been downgraded to really smelly tropical storms. All in all, we weathered the storm well.

Peanut is no worse for wear (literally and figuratively). We only had one casualty, Annabel, the IKEA pig. After all she has suffered, I thought she at least deserved a name. Annabel will be recovering in the washing machine, "hydrotherapy", with lots of soap and hot water. She would like her picture taken only after she has spent some time in the "dry and fluff" cycle.

LANDREWS, I was laughing out loud when I read the "conversation" between the boars and the IKEA GP!

I had to wake up early this morning. When my alarm went off at 4:00 a.m., I went out to check on the pigs. I could not believe all the "activity" and noise was still taking place.

Weirdly enough, I came home this afternoon, and my innocent, celibate pigs had returned. Everyone was calm and *normal*. Is this just the "eye of the storm"? Like a light switch, the activity started yesterday, now it is over. I will enjoy the lull while I can. I can't imagine I have seen the last of boar mating behaviors.

Feylin, I have a 2 x 5 C & C. I now realize this may be on the small side for three boys. I'm considering adding a loft which will be my first step. If that doesn't help, I'll find some room to have a 2 x 6. Thanks for all the cage suggestions. I have moved and removed some of their furniture and added draped towels. Maybe that is one reason they were able to calm down a little today. Wish us luck!

Sterlings Mom

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:14 pm

W t P
HaHa about Category 1
:)

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:59 pm

I just found this thread. And..... wow. It's absolutely hilarious! A few months ago, I purchased Spike, a 6 month old boar. I've had a boar before. However, Spike's behavior was strange. Like nothing I had encountered before. I was perplexed.

Then, I found this thread.

So, has anyone had any experience of this behavior happening with boars in their interactions with humans, or am I the only one? My male friend still shudders when I use the words "Spike" and "your neck" in the same sentence.

Lovemypig

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:05 pm

My male friend still shudders when I use the words "Spike" and "your neck" in the same sentence.
<snerk>

LANDREWS

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Winnie the Pooh - Oh no. After reading that, I will not be getting an "Annabel". I think of my boys as sweet innocent little ones. I'd rather not think of them as hurricanes with the poor stuffed pig. Oh goodness!!! That makes me laugh so hard!

Sidera17- WHAT?! Oh my. Thankfully my boys do not participate on humans. Now you have me worried!

Feylin

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:25 pm

Yeah. I get my hand humped if I lean in the cage to clean durring a particularly exciting moment for one of them. Plus, if I get in the way of an argument Edward has been known to spray pee at my feet or hand.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:23 pm

HazelNut

Post   » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:31 pm

I did introductions last night to see how Mr Foster interacts with other boars. I thought he'd be all submissive and that Ron would be a pest. Just goes to show how you can't judge! LOL

Here's video.

Feylin

Post   » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Woah. Check out Mr Foster! That's funny.

Matilda, you're really going to set off some interesting boar behavior from the others if you keep that up. ;)

Fred wants you to know that he is totally frustrated over here because the stupid slave can't post pictures to the internet and he's doomed to wooing Matilda with out any visual aids.