Ack! Why did Jackie lose weight?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:06 pm

Jackie is apparently feeling well enough to attempt to divebomb off a chair while having his cage cleaned. Little brat!

His Weaver beds came in the mail. He likes them very much, especially the one I got specifically for Suzi. Pictures soon!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:28 pm

Aw poor lil guy.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Stinkpot hasn't gained any weight, but he seems to be a lot happier. He's begging for food and medication, running away from The Hand, and he looks a little more comfortable. He's decided not to sleep in his Weaver beds, but just to poop in them. *sigh*

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:05 pm

Hey, Jackie sounds like he is back to his normal weird self. Glad he's feeling better. I am sure he considers the WEAVER bed to be the perfect safe spot for his beloved poop collection.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:02 pm

Jackie likes his Weaver beds. A lot. To the point of making poop cakes in them (lots of poop, lots of pee, a little hay).

I've been giving him the Cosequin and I think it may be starting to help. He tried to hump his mommy today and then sniffed her butt! To give him the Cosequin, as it's a powder that doesn't dissolve in anything, I mix it with a little baby food and then a spoonful of pellets to create a baby-food-and-cosequin-coated-pellet dish. At first he was very leery of this but now that his mom pigs out on them, he likes them.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Jackie is so cute.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:52 pm

What is the Cosequin for Sal? His arthritis? If so, how much do you give him and have you seen improvement. My little old lady Peanut has arthritis and it could help her too.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:44 pm

I use half a capsule every night. Jackie and Suzi share the Cosequin-baby-food-pellets so he gets about 1/4 a capsule. I do think it seems to have helped. He was running laps through his paper today.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:48 am

Jackie is definitely benefiting from the Cosequin. He's up to 2lb 2.2oz (a gain of 4oz). He chatters his teeth at me a lot, though, the little brat. And today he leaped right into his cosequin pellets.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:02 am

Such good news! I'm so glad he's getting more comfortable!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:02 am

Yes, great news! I hope to hear more.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:09 pm

We need to see little Jackie. He is so sweet.