Boars Behaving Badly

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:08 pm

haha, Feylin! I found that picture in my photobucket and just though it MUST go to Fred!

Just don't show the other boars!

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:00 am

Have a new badly behaving boar now. I decided today that since Percy has been here for a week, and his nails are so sharp, today would be manicure day.

Well, got the nails trimmed with little fuss (and no blood drawn on either of us...yay!). Then I put him back in his cage and close the door. The first thing he does is get so close to the side of the cage his boy parts are sticking through the bars. Then he sprays me with pee while pooping all over the fireplace where his cage is sitting. -.- We are not amused.

Feylin

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 am

HA! Very funny Percy.

HazelNut

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 am

OK so maybe my nose is broken. Or maybe I'm just used to stank since the dog and I are the only female creatures in the house. But I don't know if I've had the pleasure of meeting boar stank. Is it just the stink that comes from them peeing on their hay too much or is it something else more pleasurable?

Feylin

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:32 am

Nope.

They secrete it from glands inside their sack. When you want to mark your territory, you oppen up your butt and rub your newly created boar stank on the floor. It's the butt dragging thing, you know?

Some of mine (and Salana's jackie) like to simply oppen up their butts and wave them in the air!

HazelNut

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:34 am

OK I've seen them do the butt thing. Quite often. But I've never smelled anything from it. Geez I hope the room isn't all stanky and I'm having people in there smelling it because I'm not aware of it!

Winnie the Pooh

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:30 pm

Believe me, if you had boar "stank", you would know. I don't think it is anything your nose can get used to. I have had boars for years, but only had problems with the boar perfume just recently. I don't know how to describe the smell. I think it's a cross between musk, B.O. (people body odor), and the smell of a not-so-clean-bathroom. Maybe that's not quite it.

It's not so much how bad it smells, it's how *strong* the smell is. It's like the boar stink cancels out all the oxygen in the room.

Feylin, your descriptions always are shocking and hilarious (and true!). So help me, I don't know what I would do if I caught on of my boys purposely waving his stinky butt around. I would probably threaten him with putting a plastic bubble on his hind end.

*Note to general public-just in case- My threat was just a joke. Never put any part of your guinea pig in a plastic bubble.

I think I'm going overboard with being politically correct.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:37 pm

It smells like a trash compactor in a grocery store.

Jackie used to turn his butt inside out to have maximum stink exposure. Some boars don't smell. Doom and Einy were butt-turner-outers too, but it was just a funny pink butt when they did it, not biological terrorism.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Don't forget to add a pinch of the smell of rotten cheese. It is a pungent smell, to say the least. And it lingers!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:54 pm

It's like old fish, rotten cheese, something moldy, and generic dumpster smell.

Set on fire.

Feylin

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:01 pm

You know how when you leave eggs to rot in a fridge? (ask me how I know) And the instant you oppen the door you KNOW that there are rotting eggs in there and suddenly you can't breathe from the smell?

It's like that. Not so much the egg scent, but if you ever smell boar stank you won't be here asking if you've smelled it. You'll KNOW.

Winnie the Pooh, I think that's why I like teaching science to 17year olds. Shock value goes a looooooong way with that crowd.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:31 pm

How about rotten potatoes? To me they are pretty darn horrid.

And to think: I have NEVER smelled boar skank!