Show Your Fleece!

Danke-knot

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:05 pm

Nice cage Camende.

Cielo

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Those are my layers. I do not have coroplast, so I use carton boxes in...I use binder clips to hold the fleece to the grids.
That is one of my cages... I love the green fleece.
Last edited by Cielo on Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:40 pm

That green looks like the exact same color as my sweater today.

Cielo

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:43 pm

LoL! The other fleece is green with other colors stripes. The other one is lilac. I do not like the lilac because is too soft. You see more the dirty spots.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:28 pm

Do those of you with a kitchen area find the pigs spending more time there than the other section?

Mine only use the kitchen area to eat in and than they are right back on the fleece section of their cage. I don't have any pigs who sleep in that area.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:42 pm

Your pigs know a good thing when they have it Weaver.

Some great looking cages on this thread.

Cielo

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:43 pm

I only have a big box of hay, but they do like to sleep in the box. It is actually funny, because they wake up and eat some hay, and then fall asleep again. The only sort of bad thing is that they poop there. I guess that if I had a litter box they'll use it!

meggielou

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:58 pm

I'm thinking about going back to fleece when I move into my new house next month. I like the idea of having a kitchen with wood chips and a hay bin. I'm hoping that would help keep the fleece smelling fresher.

I just need to figure out how to keep Nina from burrowing. I was thinking about buying some type of metal rods from the hardware store. Then, sewing casings around the edges of the fleece that i could slide the rods into. Hopefully they'd be heavy enough to hold it down. Has anyone experimented with something like this? I've done rocks and bricks, but she is seriously crazy and finds a way to move them.

Feylin

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:12 pm

I had to clip the fleece to the sides of the grids with clothespins every few squares for one of my burrowers.

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Do those of you with a kitchen area find the pigs spending more time there than the other section?
I would say I think they spend most of their time in the fleece area. However, I have 1 or 2 that will plop down and sleep in the kitchen area.

Every day is different. Today, for instance, all the piggies were gathered in one end of the cage. Two piggies were in cozies 3 others were stretched out behind and next to the cozies. And, the last one was sleeping on the hay.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:45 pm

When I use fleece I have 3-4 layers:

*First layer is a crib pad. I find it works wonders compared to puppy pads, PLUS it's machine washable, so much less waste. Keep in mind this is the flat sheet, not the fitted one.
*Second layer is either 1 beach towel, or 2 overlapping bath towels.
*Third layer is the fleece.

To hold it in place: I push the excess fleece down in between the cubes and the cage base (I have a wood base), then clip the fleece to the cubes every 6-8" along the side, and at the corners, then in the middle of the ends. For this I use binder clips (I think some of you know them as bull dog clips) that I found at the Dollar Store...12 clips for $1!

Jasmaya

Post   » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:03 pm

GuineaPiggin, is the crib pad big enough for a 2x4? I am just wondering about the possibility for my cage.