Henry's Thread

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:27 am

Sending lots of good thoughts Henry's way.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:28 am

That's a good question TWP and Rshevin. I wonder where KM gets hers?

I agree the hay is probably not imported.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:37 am

I would imagine the hay is grown from somewhere around here...I mean, the company is in the middle of Nebraska, but then Menu Foods is in the middle of KANSAS, and they were importing their wheat gluten.

rshevin

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:45 am

The one difference here is that dog/cat foods are designed to be high in protein whereas herbivore food is specifically low. Oxbow isn't looking for new, cheap sources of protein like wheat gluten (which sounds pretty highly processed if you ask me, not like hay).

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:50 am

This is true.

EllieMom

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:59 am

Know there are people here sitting and waiting with bated breath along with you. Sending good thoughts.

TWP_2

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:29 pm

I hope you all know how important your support has been over the years. Most "normal people" (ha ha) don't understand the level of concern and worry over a pet, especially one that isn't a familiar pet to them like a dog or cat.

Henry may not know he's famous, but we all appreciate the thoughts, well-wishes, and prayers.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:34 pm

You bet Henry is famous. I'm always telling my little one about him and saying if Henry can live so long-so can you!

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:36 pm

I saw this pop up and was hoping there would an update. Mike and I are thinking about you Henry!

Hang in there TWP and TWP2.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Some good news. Henry got through the surgery okay and is starting to wake up.

Our vet said that there were no adhesions. She said that the stone was covered in slime, and she thinks that that is the Actigall in action.

She took a urine sample and is going to culture it for the next few days to see if anything comes of it.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Yay! Here's to a quick, uneventful recovery.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:41 pm

Opinions, please: Do you think we should skip the Critical Care?