Henry's Thread

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm calling this series of pictures "Waiting."

It's hard to find a comfortable position to be in when you're waiting for Grandpa Henry to come home.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:06 pm

So sweet. :}

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Poor baby, he sure loves his Grandpa Henry. That first picture is precious.

Whew, I'm glad the surgery went well. Heal up fast Henry!

EllieMom

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Oh, I know how he feels. When will our GH be able to come home?

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:14 pm

The vet wanted to keep him for a least a couple more hours to make sure he wakes up okay and everything is moving as it should, but she wants him to be able to come home before the day is out. Being in a vet's office with all those scary dogs and cats (especially when you're not used to them) is stressful, and she'd rather having him resting at home.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Good for Grandpa! Wake up and heal well Henry. I'll bet he'd rather rest at home too.

capybara
Supporter in '13

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm so glad he got through the surgery ok and hope he's up and about soon. Henry seems like a tough old man. Hope he has a quick and uneventful recovery.

About the Critical Care, IMHO I doubt it would make things worse. I feel like pigs that get stones are really predisposed to them, so while diet definitely plays a part, if you need the Critical Care for his recovery (unless you've heard anything different about any danger with stone pigs) I'd go for it.

TWP_2

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:18 pm

We're looking at the calcium carbonate content--both Critical Care and the Oxbow pellets have limestone (CaCO3) as an ingredient.

JoePig

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:07 pm

This is super news!
Rah for Henry!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Sending more good thoughts your way.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Henry is home!

Here is his stone. I set it on a U.S. Nickel, to give you an idea of size. According to my scale, it weighs 2 grams; according to the vet, it weighed 1.6 grams, I believe.

Henry checks out his new digs:

You can see Frost's nose, checking Henry out:

And now Frost is back to doing his favorite thing: eating hay with Henry:

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:33 pm

I was going to put Henry's cuddle cup in, but I'm wondering if that's good for his incision? Should I put in a pigloo instead?