Henry's Thread

TWP_2

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:35 pm

The head exotics vet at KSU (who is now at OSU) said she had known a guinea pig who lived to be, I think, twelve.

JoePig

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:59 pm

I am so glad to read Henry is doing so well!

Question, are you going to continue with the Actigall therapy?

TWP_2

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:23 pm

Yes. We will continue Actigall indefinitely at this point, unless there is some pressing reason to discontinue.

EllieMom

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:05 pm

What a guy. I'm so relieved to hear that he's doing well.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:19 pm

I am thrilled to hear Mr Henry is soing so well. Don't count us old ones out. hee hee

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:43 pm

So far, so good. We carefully lifted him to look at his incision, which looks good (though I giggled when I realized his skin has dark freckles). He's eating A LOT of hay, and pretty much anything else you put in front of him. And he's gulping water.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:55 pm

Yay, Henry! He really is Superpig. What an awesome little guy.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:58 pm

Awe, I wouldn't be surprised if Smudgie has little liver spots either. So glad Henry is doing well. What a superpig for sure.

TWP_2

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Henry about has himself groomed back to normal (getting that eye-protecting-goop out of the hair around his eyes has been a goal of his, apparently).

He even looks younger to me now. He looks more like when we first brought him home in 2006 than he has in quite a while.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:08 pm

Henry is just one determined little guy. Keep up the good stuff and don't get sick again.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 pm

How long do we need to keep him in his own little cage? He's starting to act stir-crazy.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Just my opinion but since he's doing so well if you don't think anyone will mess with anything, I'd put him back either now or in the morning.