Soft poop-please help

Brenda B

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:37 pm

I finally got her picture on here! Not sure what she kind is...just saw her, wanted her, rescued her...

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:41 pm

She's beautiful!!

sammianne

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Sierra is a beautiful girl! I love her dark dramatic "eye shadow".

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Oh, you got the pretty lancaster piggie from TBB? I heard she was a sweetie. Someone adopted her friend and left her behind.

Brenda B

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:04 pm

Yes! That's her!!! So do you know anything about her? She is now with another TBB boar (fixed of course) His name was Panda and is now Cassanova and another sow that I got from a friend who could not keep her.

I saw Sierra when I went to bring back Cassanova's cage I borrowed until he was healed from surgery. When I found out she was a lonely one who lost her cage mate I brought mine up for a date and the rest is history...even Caroline was surprised at how well they got along. She was so happy to be back with other piggies.

Do you know if any other pigs from Lancaster had soft poop?

nonamian_girl

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:05 pm

She's so cute!

I hope the poops stay normal too.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:17 pm

Yeah, she was dumped at Lancaster shelter with a neutered male, some rats and two bunnies - all the same owner at the same time. She was there quite awhile. They usually euth them fairly quickly but a volunteer had a hold on them.

Brenda B

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:04 pm

How could anyone bear to part with her? She is so amazing. I have only had her 6 days now and am up at night checking on her and giving her meds. She is on my lap as I type...

Well she is happy now with her buddies and will have a forever home...we are actually moving to a bigger house next month so they are getting a bigger cage too. I just got the grids (the safe ones). Do you have any good leads on coroplast in the area around Fullerton or where TBB is? I got a quote of $40 a sheet.

sammianne

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:23 pm

Tell the sign shop where you are getting the coroplast that it is for a guinea pig cage. It may get you a discount on the price.

Brenda B

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:07 pm

well, we just had a mix of normal and mush...I gave her another poop soup (any help how to do this wihtout getting a mess around her mouth?)

She is due for albon in one hour. seems like is gets worse when the time for meds is near...

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:33 pm

We get ours at Sign Mart / Plastics Plus in Orange. They charge half of that and will cut it to size for you.

JoePig

Post   » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:00 am

To help get more medicine down my piggie's throat and less on his face, I use a small syringe and put the tip back into his mouth - to his molars (which are under his eyes). Again, that's the TIP of a small syringe. Aim to the side of the mouth, not down the throat.

Then I give the piggie about a .15 cc squirt. If the pig likes what they are getting? They'll take a .35 cc squirt no problem, stuff their cheeks full and swallow.

If they hate it? Don't give them too much, they'll spit/push it out. The further back you can place it in their mouths, the more likely it will be swallowed and not spit/pushed out.

To fill a small syringe with poop soup or Critical Care?
For me, I fill a big syringe first. Then I squirt the mixture into the backs of the tiny syringes. Then I put the "plunger" into the tiny syringes.

I like doing it this way. It helps filter "chunks" out that may block the syringe when giving it to the animal.

===========================================

I find it odd that your pig is not recovering yet.
Keep her on hay and a quality pellet until this clears up.

When my pigs get soft poop from their food, it goes away pretty quickly. (Watermelon is the culprit for one of my herd.)

I hope she is better soon!