Soft poop-please help

nonamian_girl

Post   » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:25 pm

That's how Georgia's were as well. The vet told me that as long as they retain their shape they're okay.

I'm not really sure what fixed it because I'm not sure what the issue was. I gave her a couple of doses of poop soup, cut back on veggies, and stopped giving her the lettuce that I bought at a different store than normally, and they just got better on their own after a few days.

Brenda B

Post   » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Sierra had mush all day and just now 2 almost normal ones...that is how it has been for a week now. Could the albon actually be making it mushy? It seems like as the day progresses (and after she has a poop soup) they get better then after the albon they get mushy again...

I don't know what to do...

nonamian_girl

Post   » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:20 pm

If you think that the albon is actually making it worse you should discuss taking her off it with your vet.

JoePig

Post   » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:34 pm

I agree with nonamian_girl. From your observation, I would give my vet a call at the very least.

Brenda B

Post   » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:50 pm

I will call in the AM

I went out and bought some orchard grass to mix with the timothy hay...seems to have possibly helped her too.

I have greens beans on stand by incase she is ready in a day or two...I am worried about bell peppers since those made my boar, Cassanova, get bloated last week (after 2months of no problems)

Brenda B

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:10 pm

My vet said since she is doing well otherwise (eating drinking etc) to continue with the albon for the full course of treatment then we can re evaluate.

She is also very gassy...I massage her 4 times a day and can hear and feel the gas moving.

JoePig

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:38 pm

Give her .15 cc of "infant gas drops" (This is half the dose you give a baby) You can do this 2x a day, morning and evening as needed.

One of my pigs LOVES the brand "Little Tummies", it is grape flavored (and expensive) The cheaper, generic brands do not have flavors.

Might be good to have this stuff around the house, in case Cassanova hits the peppers again.

Brenda B

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:40 pm

I just gave her some and she loves it!

I guess gas can be from the bug she may have?

She is eating lots of hay.

JoePig

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm

You are probably right. Sierra's gas is most likely from her ongoing stomach problems. But, as you also noticed with Cassanova, pigs can get gas from the food they eat too; and each pig is sensitive to different foods, just like people (and dogs, etc.)

I have not noticed my pigs getting gas from hay. I have noticed that one of my pigs gets gas because he lays around too much. A pig will lay around more when they are not feeling well. Even just a little runnig around on the floor helps.

Brenda B

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:02 pm

I get her out often but she seems to be to afraid to explore like the other 2. She has only been here 2 weeks and most of those have been with me forcing meds at her every day...

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:51 pm

It seems like the albon may finally be working (almost 2 weeks like everyone said!) as Sierra has not had a mushy poop for over 24 hours.

She is doing a lot of poop, some quite large but all firm. She is still a bit gassy and has mild bloating, especially right before she poops...so I am watching her very carefully.

She has stopped wheeking for veggies...poor thing must have given up all hope of veggies. So tonight I followed JoePig's advice and gave her a small piece of green bean washed very well. She was quite thrilled with that!

So far she has tolerated it well...

I am fearful she may suddenly take a turn for the worse...

I want to make sure I thank everyone who responded to my posts. You all got me through this and I am happy to have "met" you!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:56 pm

It's nice to have good news.