Henry's Thread

mab0615

Post   » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm so glad Henry is doing well.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:33 pm

If the skin is not raised or different in some other way, I would not be concerned with the color change.

rshevin

Post   » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Do you think it could be a "liver spot?" He has a very, very good look about him. His eyes are alert and happy. I'm very excited he's doing so well. He's a lucky old man to have found such a loving home and wonderful vet.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:07 pm

Henry looks wonderful -- he is very handsome. :)

Sakura has some pigment changes on either side of her nose. She is 2.5 years old now.

Sakura's Nose

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:18 am

The skin isn't raised. It is just a change in pigment, and as you can see, it matches the little spots on his tummy side. Well, good. I'm glad it's not something to worry about!

EllieMom

Post   » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:53 am

Doodle has developed a little black patches on either side of her nose, too. They look very similar to Henry's. I wonder if this might be a fairly common occurrence as pigs age.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:59 pm

I just wanted to report that Henry has continued to gain weight. He's perky and happy and marking his territory.

We've noticed that between 8 and 12 hours of taking his actigall, he kicks out some sludge. Other than that, he seems to be doing well. We've been stepping him down on the vetprofen, so he should be off of that soon.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:00 pm

Good news about Henry. Yah, go Henry. That's interesting about the actigall.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks for the update! Yes, great news about Henry! Glad to hear he is recovering fine.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:03 pm

That is good news. Hugs to Mr Henry.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:02 am

Good news!

TWP_2

Post   » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:37 am

Henry has continued to eat and run and play--and he's gained another 30 grams in the past three days. :)