Baby Beast

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:32 pm

I just wanted to update, Baby Beast is still doing well. Her weight is still up and her appetite is good.

She has been on Actigall since 10/11, I continue to give Shintilong as well.

I cut all romaine/parsley out of her diet, and she gets about a tablespoon of Oxbow pellets in the morning. She gets cilantro and a mixture of endive,red and green leaf and unlimited hay.

I have a follow-up vet visit on 11/10 for another x-ray.

I have noticed that since she has been on the Actigall she is drinking ALOT more, but I think that is a good thing

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:28 pm

I hope Baby Beast continues to do well. It will be wonderful if the Actigall is successful.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:39 pm

I wanted to update. Baby Beast had to go into the vets today for a cyst that developed on her head. So bizarre, it is on the right side of her head between her ear and eye, it had to be debrided.

She is on and AB for two weeks

The great news though is that while she was sedated, they did some X-rays to see if the Actigall has had any effect and it was ***GONE***. It was not there! The X-rays from October 7 show a stone the size of a pea and the ones from today show nothing

I am so relieved!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:36 am

That is wonderful news!

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:48 am

FANTASTIC news about the stone. Go Beastie!

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:23 pm

I wanted to update

Baby Beast is still doing well. She has gained a little weight and is not showing any signs of a stone.

I continue to use the Actigall at a .5ml once a day as to keep it from coming back.

I have switched from Oxbow to KM pellets. I also have cut out the veggies with a higher calcium content(parsley, romaine etc....)

sammianne

Post   » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm glad to hear she is doing well and the changes you made are working for her.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Baby Beast has remained stone free **knock on wood**

However she has somehow ripped one of the toenails on her back left foot off. There was initially a lot of blood, but it has not bleed since.

I took her to the Vet today. He prescribed epsom salt foot soaks. Baytril and something called DMSO twice a day to apply to the wound.

Is this safe to use in Guinea Pigs?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 pm

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1810

That might help (or might not).

So glad to hear the Actigall and dietary changes are working for her, though.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:49 pm

When I came home last night I noticed she was not acting normal, she was very subdued.

So I got her out and held her on a towel and she had dark red urine.

Took her to the vet, did some x-rays and there is no stone, it is just a UTI. So she is on Baytril and Metacam

Kat

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:30 pm

I hope Baby Beast gets better on the baytril and metacam. Poor girl, she's been through so much!