Soft poop-please help

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:29 am

we have normal poop again today! Yippee!

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:10 pm

since the poop was normal I let her partake of some redleaf and cilantro "salad" with the other 2...she very soon after had lots of mushy poop...is it really possible that leafy greens are bad for her?????

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:26 pm

Maybe cilantro? I'm not much help, but my boy is suffering the same kind of thing. I have no answers yet, either.

Brenda B

Post   » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:11 pm

Well, it appears that you are right Bethie...cilantro seems to be the trigger. Today she had red leaf only and no mush...

Thanks to all who posted during these weeks of my trying to figure this all out. I am so glad it is not something serious!

Besides making new friends here at GL, this experience has bonded me with Sierra in a way that I did not expect could happen.

However, my 7 year old Yorkie got very jealous and has pretended his leg hurt and could not jump on the bed! Oh yeah, until I had a treat then he had no problem at all. :)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:15 pm

Sounds like you may have solved the mystery! Here's hoping she continues to do well. :)

Brenda B

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:43 am

well, after 3 good days we have mushy poop again this morning....

Brenda B

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:23 pm

and tonight they are normal...but large...I am at a loss here!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Your guinea pig is otherwise healthy, getting normal exercise and eating lots of high quality hay?

Brenda B

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:02 pm

yes, totally healthy otherwise...her poops are only mushy in the am and usually after veggies...she LOVES her hay...I give mostly timothy with some orchard grass mixed in and oxbow pellets. The hay is great quality, nice and green and fresh...filtered water...and my 2 other pigs are both unaffected...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:18 pm

Does she get tons of vegs?

Maybe this is tolerable?

Brenda B

Post   » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:23 pm

not tons...in fact, I have been a bit stingy since this started...but she seems to get this with lettuce and cilantro...maybe it is just a green veggie thing? She had some baby carrot and green bell tonight and no problems at all...and she tolerates blueberries.

Otherwise, she is inquisitive and happy...the funny thing is that she will have the soft poops for a bit and then the normal ones come out really big, like twice as long as regular...

JoePig

Post   » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:45 am

Perhaps you should rename Sierra to "Puzzle".

How is she doing today?