Show your cage yet again.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:35 pm

Very nice! What kind of grids are those, BB&B?

SweetWhisper

Post   » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Yes, that is where I got them from.

WheeksandSqueeks

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:03 am

SweetWhisper that is a VERY nice cage! It looks so clean and tidy and modern. It looks like an IKEA pig cage!

Piggy Vittles, I like your cage too! Lots of open space! Is it hard to clean with the cage on top?

SweetWhisper

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:42 am

Maybe it is because I am half Swedish.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:22 am

Nice cages!

SweetWhisper, you may want to consider moving the houseplant away from the cage. Some guinea pigs can be very determined to reach and chew on forbidden things.

Vipergurl88

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Quick question, this seemed like the best place for it.

If I remember right, there's a thread or some instructions somewhere on how to cut the doorways off of pigloos to make them bigger - can someone help me find them? I looked in the care guide and did a search, but I didnt find what I was looking for.

Thanks!

piggy_vittles

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Thank you, Wheeks!

It is a challenge cleaning the top, because I'm only 5'. I used to stand on a chair to reach, but now I've mastered the art of cage cleaning without one. I get lots of practice...twice a day! :)

rshevin

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:28 pm

I do agree with moving that plant, just in case. I like where you covered the coroplast there. Is that a report spine? I need something new to go all the way around my cage and don't really want to buy a million report covers so I'm looking for other ideas.

Vipergurl, I believe you just use strong scissors or tin snips and cut around the door of the pigloo. You still won't get a lot of air circulation in there though. Are you interested in using step stools instead? (And if you find some, please let me know! Apparently in AL children are only short in the summertime.)

Keezy

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:02 pm

I remember a few tips on cutting pigloos. I think they said to run the pigloo through the dishwasher, or heat the area you want to cut with a hair dryer. That makes the plastic a little more malleable.

I have a question! I have a 3x5 C&C and am planning on adding a 2x3 "loft" type of area. What's the best way to keep the top from sagging? Our ideas so far have been a 1x1 cube pillar, a couple of cubes thrown under the loft, or a plastic tube (like the ones I've seen you guys put in your cages) to act as support. Any other ideas?

Vipergurl88

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks Rshevin, I tried that but I think I need stronger scissors.

I don't use the pigloos in my cage, they're only for floortime. At some point after the new year I will be remodeling the cages and step stools are on my to-get list :) I can't recall seeing any recently, but BiLo and Dollar General are the two places I've seen them. Wishing you luck on your search, and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Everybody's cages are looking great! I really like yours Piggy_Vittles!

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Food Lion carries the kiddie step stools year round at least here. Oh and so does Toys~R~Us but theirs are expensive.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:16 pm

I like everyone's cages too. I'm so glad my little one can't see them and become jealous.