Meet Quincy and his lump

briana d

Post   » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:08 pm

Meet Quincy!

A couple days ago I was contacted via email by a women that has a pig with a possible cancerous lump on his teat. She said she couldn't afford to treat him and was looking for options on what to do for him.

Being that I have a little experience from Sal's Lump I felt comfortable taking him in.

The owner discovered the lump in June and now it is huge. I have an appointment set up with Murray on Monday. Hopefully it won't be cancerous. Something I find interesting is that Quincy's lump is in the same exact spot as Sal's.

Here's Sal's lump:

Quincy is now in quarentine. He is enjoying some fresh veggies and realizing what real hay tastes like. Here he is in his bluegrass cave:

Any ideas on what his color is classified as?

I'm also worried about his teeth. When I gave him veggies he'd put them in his mouth and do the chewing motion but when the sprig came out of his mouth it was still intact.

Tammy

Post   » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:16 pm

Very cute piggie! I think he's lilac and cream? Not sure but he sure is a cutie pie.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:21 pm

Really cute pig! Red eyed grey lilac mix? Not a clue. You'll need some expert.

Can I copy the pic of the lump to the board?

briana d

Post   » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:43 pm

Lynx - yup, go for it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:06 pm

Thanks. By the way, I goofed up and replaced your third pic with the cropped pic of the lump :-( Perhaps you could repost it?[sorry]
-----------
Reposted pic and added one of Sal's lump too (thanks Briana).

briana d

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:24 am

Quincy went to the vet yesterday. Dr. Murray took one look at the lump and scheduled him for surgery. I left him there overnight and he is getting a mastectomy this afternoon. Murray was definitely not pleased when he saw the size of the lump and how long it had went untreated.

When Sal had his mastectomy Murray took fluid from the lump and found it to be a tumor. He didn't even test Quincy's which has me thinking that Quincy is going to need all the luck he can get. I'll know after 4pm how the surgery went. It'll take a couple of days to determine if the lump is cancerous or benign. I'll continue to update with any information I get.

keepawayfromhershey

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:51 am

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Quincy.

lulu

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:06 pm

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Briana you helped me with the introduction of my girls, and with the mite thing like a month ago, i just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!

GOOD LUCK WITH QUINCY!!!!!

briana d

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:19 pm

Quincy is home. He is on TMS for 10 days twice a day. The lump has been sent to a pathologist, hopefully it'll come back benign.

Here is in incision - it's identical to Sal's.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:32 pm

I am glad Quincy is doing ok. Those staples look painful though.

lulu

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2003 7:45 pm

ahhh!!!!!
That hurts me!!!
hope he feels better now

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:31 pm

Cool! I understand that staples work wonderfully. They cannot be pulled out by the pig (or a human), therefore removing the danger of the guinea pig who pulls out his stitches.

I'm going to try to copy this pic to the post without messing anything up. :-) (I think you said it was fine to use these pics)