Show your cage yet again.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:37 pm

Oh my gosh, let me go pick up my jaw from the floor first!
GREAT cage!

papiggieluverz

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:20 pm

I love the separate kitchen box! Great cage! :) Beautiful colors!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:12 pm

WOW! That's a great cage. So colorful and I love the set up!

xXSilencerXx

Post   » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:42 pm

That cage looks great!

rshevin

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:47 pm

I would love some pictures of how people have built kitchen areas. Right now I have a 2x4 bin with a 2x1 bin on the end. It isn't cut right, doesn't fit right, and SOMEONE sits with his butt on the joint and pees. Gross gross gross!! I guess I should snap some photos but what I have now isn't right.

I poked around the WEAVER photo album and see she sets the kitchen inside the main cage. I tried this a long time ago and it was a nightmare. I could NOT get it to fit right. I guess I have a hard time measuring and cutting that accurately. It's hard to draw and cut straight lines on coro.

So any ideas? I don't use hay racks which I guess makes things harder. You guys have successfully made me paranoid about heads getting stuck.

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:42 pm

The price for the prebuilt cages are 55 and change.

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Great cage, Keezy. I love the colors and I really love the configuration. I'm curious how much your piggies pee and poop outside of the kitchen area.

babytulip07

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:41 pm

I made boxes out of choro, which I know you've already tried. But I physically measured the area rather then trying to math it out. I put the fleece and towels in and then measured to make sure I had it right.
The fleece actually ends right underneath the box so the box basically just sits on the grids. The fosters' box is better in that the sides are high so I don't get quite as much hay on the carpet.

This is my fosters' hay box.

This is my girls' hay box.

I do use grids as hay racks, but as you can see a bit in the above picture, I used pliers to squeeze the openings and make them bigger. The girls have plenty of room to stick their heads through the opening without worrying about getting their heads stuck.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:53 pm

I know it's really 2 cages, but that corner litter box is cute! It would be funny to see them zoom from one end, leap into and out of the box, and keep going. Messy, but cute.

I don't know why I have so much trouble with measuring. You'd think I'd be better at this by now. I probably need to buy some heavy duty shears, some clamps, and maybe a long level so I can use it as a fence while scoring with the knife. I'm planning on replacing my coro so I can have a nice cage, but I want to know I can do it right before I go screw it up again ya know.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:16 pm

Keezy, your cage is incredible ... awesome job! :)

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:12 pm

I can't find a price anywhere, or anything online that lists it.
More info and larger photos are here for Midwest's version of the c 'n c cage: Guinea Habitat. There are different items that you can add or do without (there are two 2 versions) and the price is good: $39.99 and $59.99. The base is most likely what I got to place underneath a store-bought exercise pen.

rmeniteowl

Post   » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:21 pm

There is a link on the page that tells you the price and more info. It is listed @ $55.00 on sale (I think the regular price is $79). I didn't check what the shipping would be.