Show your cage yet again.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:23 am

It is listed @ $55.00 on sale (I think the regular price is $79).
I'm dyslexic and even rechecked the fee. Allpetfurniture's price is not the $59.99 that I put up but $55.99 instead. Thanks for pointing that out. :) The $39.99 is for the other version (same size; less stuff). The divider may be so that one can create an eating/hay area. The shipping was $8.00/$10.00 or free if your order is $69.00 or more.

Would I get one? Most likely if nothing else to see if it works and to suggest it as an alternative if it did work out. The dimensions are different from the c 'n c in that they are 24" x 47" rather than the 28" x 42"/56" but are similar to what I use (24" x 48" shelving unit).

amysanimals

Post   » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:40 am

In my opinion, thats actually a fairly nice price compared to any other commercially made cage that is barely even half the size. Oh I do hope stores start to carry these as a better cage option! Im also half tempted to purchase two (so I can link them together) for travelling or even for a third cage to put in the house. I enjoy having the boys in the same room I am in, so the more cages the better. It might be nice since this one is supposedly portable.

guineapigbillie

Post   » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:35 am

I love all the cages.

babytulip07

Post   » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:58 am

Actually, rshevin, in that picture it is all one cage. The grid on the other side is open. I did it that way on purpose so I wouldn't have to worry about Evie and Sophie borrowing under the fleece where the two sides meet. And yes it was fun to watch them jump in and then out again!

I've since closed it up and extended it to a 2x4 instead of 2x3 for Maddie and Wesley.

Too bad you live so far away or I'd help you measure! Do you know anyone down there that could help?

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:30 am

Rshevin, I have to go to Birmingham in a couple weeks for a dance competition. Doug and I can help you with your cage if you are wanting some help. Just let me know.

Knhappyface

Post   » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Our cage is a 5x4. We were originally going to have Felix, Murphy and Hank in it, but Hank passed away during neuter, so our two girlies get the entire cage to themselves! Unfortunately, we may have some pups in a few months, so I'm glad we expanded the cage when we did, to avoid a panic later on.

My mom has this whole "natural" theme going on:

Another angle:

Murphy shows off her towlie tent:

The hay/litter bin:

The new Fiddle Sticks house:

I didn't have the WEAVER beds in there when I took the pictures, unfortunately.

Funnily enough, Felix was sleeping the entire time I took the pictures.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:42 pm

Wow, that's a great cage Knhappyface. My girls say I better get crackin'. They're stuck in a plain 2x4.

rshevin

Post   » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:23 pm

Oh wow Weaver, now that is a real offer! I would feel so guilty though! I will let you know though. If you get bored during the day too, call and we can grab a bite to eat again. Plus Piggy is back to his normal self and "seeing visitors" again. If you thought he had personality before, you should see him healthy.

Kn, I also wanted to say your cage is very nice! Good job! I love the natural look you have going.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:36 pm

What what what, uh...
Weaver, don't you have anything to attend here in the Bay Area too?
*puppy eyes*

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:37 pm

I'm with you Momo. I think she should find some reason to come out here too : )

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Bugsmom, I was over at your part of town yesterday...
I forgot to bring the charger for my GPS, and instead of Vallejo, somehow we were over at your vicinity... :(
Only took us 2 more hours to get to Six Flags!

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:50 pm

Oh drat!! I wish I'd known. Let me know the next time you're coming anywhere in my vicinity and I'll give you my number. How fun it would have been : (