rshevin

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:09 pm

These are off the top of my head only:

Online:
Walmart (ship to store, many colors)
Target (Whitmor brand ONLY)

Check store shelves:
Bed, Bath, and Beyond (steel gray only)
Costco (membership required, possibly only chrome)
Staples (clearance rack)
Candian Walmart and Canada Tire

marbles
Supporter in '09

Post   » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:39 am

I just found a box of Organize-It white steel cubes at Target (6 cubes for $16.99). The last box with 9*9 grid, the rest did have a different picture with bigger holes.

Thanks so much for the heads up and info, I probably wouldn't have noticed it!

marbles
Supporter in '09

Post   » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:32 pm

The Target ad for this week (12/28 - 1/3/09) has the cubes on sale for $12.99. I saw the sign for the white, blue or black 6 cubes, I'm not sure if the chrome ones are also on sale. I took my receipt back from a few weeks ago and they did a price adjustment.

xuehua

Post   » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:29 am

This might be kind of late to ask, since the last post was last month...

But I'll try anyway.

I was just wondering, has anyone ever used these?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... ifications

It looks safe, and the holes aren't as large as the whitmor brand type. (I'm assuming it has holes because it looks like it does but from my comp. it's hard to tell, it's so tiny) I'm considering these (assuming everyone thinks its ok) because after reading all these stories about how other poor guinea pigs still got their heads stuck even though it was the 9x9 grids really worries me.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:19 am

I'm looking for a consolidated source of information; I'm not good at reading 5 pages. Have we found a source of "good" grids yet? Are they available online? In stores?
Just do a Google search for "mimi grids cubes" and you will get tons of hits. They are also used for store displays.
I was just wondering, has anyone ever used these?
Yes, they are fine if they are the wire mesh cubes that I've seen others use. They are an excellent choice for baby-proofing a cage. I've never been able to find them locally to me so will have to check WalMart the next time that I am near one or order them online and pick them up.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:33 pm

I wouldn't recommend using those mesh ones. They aren't the right size and some members have problems with their pigs' nails getting caught.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:12 am

I wouldn't recommend using those mesh ones. They aren't the right size and some members have problems with their pigs' nails getting caught.
Thanks for the feedback. :) I haven't seen them and was basing my input on the feedback of those who have used them.

tara8301
Supporter in '10

Post   » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:58 pm

Ah, crap. I just bought some grids at Target earlier this evening because I'm planning on expanding. After I found this, I opened the box and wouldn't ya know it, it's the new ones. =( I do recall seeing the chrome ones there, though, so perhaps when I return these tomorrow the chrome ones will be the correct size. If not, then I'll swallow my pride for a bit and order from WalMart.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:01 am

Hurry and do go tomorrow. I was in yesterday and the chrome grids (which are usually more expensive) are on sale right now.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:28 am

Yes, they had the chrome ones on sale at my Target but they only had one box left. They had the black ones on Clearance but they were all gone.

tara8301
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:29 pm

I got back to Target to return the grids today. They only had one box left of the old kind, in blue actually, and it was in the back behind all the other boxes. I opened it up and checked before buying this time. Silly Target!

chubbs

Post   » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:55 pm

I picked up a box of the old style in chrome for $14.99 at Target a couple weeks ago.