Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:25 pm

My girls aren't mature enough for only one.
Do you think that magical day of maturity will ever arrive? ;-)

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:41 pm

As long as my boys have 1 more hut than there are guinea pigs, we normally don't have any squabbles about them. Some even like to lay together in them! I must be lucky.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:54 pm

snowflakey- Simple answer- No. :)

Quinc will see that Emma is in one and apparently she wants the exact same one so she will run (I mean, backup and run towards the hut) and throw herself into the hut and all I'll hear is Emma squeal and run out. Then Quinc will lie down… Then it starts all over again

I'll have to post some pictures of them in their huts when I stop being so lazy and actually upload pictures onto my computer.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:49 pm

QE: That's the best thing I've read all day. I can just see your girls doing that too.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 pm

Quinc is my little trouble maker.

bandi09

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 pm

I really like the huts. How often do you update the fabric? I need to sit down and make a list of everthing that I have which colors and patterns, every time I see a picture of Weavers cages I think I want me to coordinate and look pretty.

Quic-Emma your pigs sound like mine. We call Kismet Princes Kismet, she is a like a little kid, she will be streched out sleeping then wake up and see Fozzie in a bed and she will run right into him and chase him out, this goes on all day. Once she bangs into him she will scream, as if saying mom he is hurting me make him get out. They are worse then 2 year old little kids. She wants whatever he has.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Bandi- Whatever the other pig is doing, or has.. is always better!

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:38 pm

Bandi- I usually just get a few new ones here or there, or if there is a good sale I will stock up which I just did last month.

Another thing that I do is if someone has a specific fabric that they want I will special order it. I had a girl in Texas that wanted a texas themed cage set for her ferrets, so we found a really neat pattern online, ordered it and made her set out of that which turned out really nice. I just may have to add a few dollars depending on how much the special fabric is.

I also made a cage set for a fire(woman) out of fire truck themed fabric.

Lovemypig

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Criminy. Another product I must go investigate.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:43 pm

I have a few cubes from you and my babies are beyond happy. I'm talking pure bliss. Julius goes into his and he falls asleep, eyes closed; then Shrimpie will look inside the cube to see why his buddy is missing treat time :) I know why! He's knocked out.

Nomes

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:13 pm

My girls love, love, love their huts! Lucy will drag her pellet bowl inside the hut, spilling the contents in the process, and then lie in there and munch away. The hammock is a fun place to hide under and eat lettuce. I'll put some pictures up when I get a chance this week.

Now that student loans are in, I can start planning my next order (but don't tell my fiance that!) Have you come across any food-theme fabrics?

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Okay, three more questions before I order.

1. Is a hut that is open on both ends less sturdy than one that has just the single entrance? In other words, does it tend to collapse on itself whereas a single-entry one might retain its original shape since it has the added solid-wall support? (Not sure if that makes any sense.)

2. What is the cost for a hut with two openings?

3. Can a guinea-pig-sized hut be placed inside of a cat-sized hut for shipping?

Thanks. :)