Guinea Pig Market - formerly Jens Custom Crafts

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm

I did find that the huts with openings on either end were less sturdy. I haven't made any for myself so Feylin might be better at answering that one. I don't know if it would collapse, but the ones with only one opening did seem more sturdy to me.

I just charge $1 more for a second opening so it would be $21.

I temporarily removed the cat huts. I want to make a few changes to them before I start selling them on here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:43 am

Okay; thanks for the info. Now I'll go in search of a fabric. :)

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:29 am

Two entrances make for happier piggies when there are more than 2 babies housed together. Whatever one wants, the other one will want the exact one, hence I order cubes with 2 holes. What I do to compensate for the "sagginess"(even though it retains its shape) is put a cuddly cup inside the cube. They love it!

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:08 am

Thanks for the suggestion. :) Do you have the hanging cubes rather than the huts?

Feylin

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:01 am

The huts do tend to colapse now- but I've washed them so many times they are fading. I think the huts get washed once a week or more!

My huts might be of the version without the extra padding, too.

I just clothes pin each side of the hut to the grids and it keeps them upright! :)

Fred likes to drag the pellet bowl inside the hut too- food must taste better inside a hut.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 am

The huts with only one opening are still extremely sturdy even after many, many washes. I think making that second opening makes them lose a lot of structure, but the pinning idea was great.

Feylin: I think I was using a thinner foam back when I made yours also, so that might contribute. I use a thicker size now.

Quinc-Emma

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:08 am

This picture says it all.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:58 am

Awww, what a cute picture!

Nomes

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Here are two my six happy customers.

Madeline:

Lucy:

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:44 pm

Such cute little girls! I'm so glad Maddie is doing better now.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Are you going to be getting any new fabrics soon? I just saw these last night, and I love them.

newagain

Post   » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:17 pm

I love the hammocks! My Isobel lives in her hammock haha.

Once I get my new C&C cage, I might order some from you! :)