severe mites--need Dex dose quick

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:24 am

Yes, that is what I used.

I went to a human medical supply store to purchase it. The particular brand I mentioned was what my vet used and what I got at that store. For Nina's feet, it could be cut into smaller pieces (comes much larger).

Purchase of a telfa pad by a well known manufacturer at Walmarts was a waste of time, as once it is cut, the cover just floats around. This brand stays intact.

Teresa

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:59 am

In my case, we injected the valium, because we didn't want to wait for the oral med to kick in -- they were seizing.
Last edited by Teresa on Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 12:18 pm

I'm happy to report that they seem better this morning--more alert and mobile instead of sitting with their face to the corner. Wrapping their feet is a chore, though. The vet also trimmed their nails so that they are not so sharp. I still haven't gotten anyone to come over and help me wrap the sores around their sides. Maybe tomorrow.

They look so pitiful with their little blue booties.

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:14 pm

Ok, here's the Catch-22.

I talked to animal control today. The deputy sounded very sympathetic and referred to Jim as a "felony stupid." He wants to send an ac officer out there to have a look at the females.

Problem: ac goes out, Jim gets mad, won't give us pigs. AC can impound if they think it's bad enough (according to Jim the baby looks really bad now), or they can write him a notice to comply by taking them to the vet, or they can walk away and do nothing.

Flip side: we take pigs (their fate is uncertain even with us at this point), Jim's problem is solved, he buys more pets in the future....

What would you do?

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:15 pm

Burn his house down?

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:16 pm

I second para.

I like the itchy powder down his pants idea too.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:22 pm

I like the electric sander idea until he has open bleeding sores.

Charybdis

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:51 pm

Gee guys, that is helpful.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:52 pm

Plant a kilo of coke in his house, and then call the cops?

Teresa

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:54 pm

Any way to get the ac to practically guarantee taking them?

swannie
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:55 pm

Is just seeing the state of the ones currently in your care enough evidence or whatever?

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:01 pm

No, the ones she has already saved ac can't do anything about. I don't think there are any guarentees.