Building Ginny's & Sakura's Cage (with photos)

Grisli

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:18 am

your cage looks wonderful. I've only had my pigs for 3 weeks and I'm already thinking of expanding their cage! The only thing preventing me from building a hayloft is that I can't get grids in my country. I was lucky that my mum had 20 year old grids hiding in the storage so that I could build a 2x4 C&C cage.

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:12 am

Great cage! I love the mini loft!. I have never seen the mini grids. I will have to look for them.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:07 pm

That cage is awesome!

And momo, I've been searching for mini grids for a long time and haven't found any here! Boo!! A BB&B salesperson thought they'd come out when it was time for back to school but I've not found them yet. I'd LOVE to get my hands on some!

Perpetual Pig Slave

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:24 pm

I have been trying to think of a way to add a loft. I am afraid mine would just hide in the lower level.

Right now there is a coroplast shortage here in MN. I spent a bundle at an art store to get mine since Axman supply was out when I was making the quarantine cage. If I find a cheap supply of coroplast and those minicubes, I will definitely use some of those design ideas.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:41 pm

Dasio Japan sells a long strip that is about the same height that works for the sides, bottom, and top if needed for a ramp. I think it was $3. It could also just be cut into portions to create the base as seen in the photos above. One would need to file the cut edges or cap them off with rubber end tips.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:40 am

I really like the mini-loft idea.
Ben seemed most fascinated by its ability hold both Sakura and Ginny's weight... :p

Do you sew the Velcro into the sherpa pockets too?
I can already see Mitzy shoving Mojo off the mini-loft already. :)

Alas, yes, DAISO has answers for everything under the sun!

BuddyMommy

Post   » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Can I come over? I think I'm small enough to fit in there! Your pigs are in piggy heaven!

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:29 pm

WOW! I'm impressed. It's beautiful. They must be in heaven.

Princess Aurora

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 am

What a smart and practical cage you have for your girls, tracis!! I love it! :-D

Your girls are so lucky and happy for sure. ;-)

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:58 am

I would love to have your cage as well but I want the pigs to be in it : )

greensgirl

Post   » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:52 am

Here is a link to get the grid squares and the connectors inexpensively http://www.gershelbros.com/wire_cubes.html and this site as well: http://thefixturezone.com/gridbasbas.html.

I was wondering if anyone has yet been able to find those mini grids. I really want some so that I can make a cage with a ramp for Koster!

If anyone can help that would be appreciated!

geekygirl aj

Post   » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am

Thanks for the tip on the flannel, the fleece is very hard to clean!