Cozy Sack question

natrat65

Post   » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:14 pm

Those are really nice!

WheeksandSqueeks

Post   » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:43 pm

Muffinface - That's what I thought was in it when you were here. It almost felt like a binder clip inside.

Reeses decided to pose for me to show you all what I'm talking about. My mom and I talked about it and we decided we're going to re-enforce the cuff with extra thick batting. Here's some photos.

I think they want bigger ones too. They love sleeping on big pieces of fleece and I think the cozy's for the girls are too small. They can still turn around and such but they like to sprawwwwwwwl. The boys are 15 inches by 17 I think but they even look too small for their big bums. *sigh*

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:52 pm

As you can see, they are about the size of 1 grid, so 14 inches wide and deep.
Very nice and roomy. :) Mine are moving in very soon so beware! ;)

amysanimals

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:37 am

Ohh geesh, I just noticed that in the little side note I said "Tonight" when it was supposed to say "do not". Unfortunately, I cant correct it after the 10 minutes are passed. Isnt that just how it works, always fine the mistakes when its too late! haha

Anyway, the boys really seem to like the extra room and the lighter colors. I think they like the illusion of being covered from "the wild" of their bedroom, but also appriciate being able to see their surroundings and move about as they please. I guess thats what I get for having two snobby little porkchops.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:46 am

Actually, WindeSpirit uses a length of bendy wire inside the cuff of her saks (at least the ones I have) to prop them open. The trick is getting the wire to not bunch up inside the cuff after repeated washings. Mine did, and now they don't stay open anymore. :( But it was SO HANDY while it lasted!

Problem got solved! I know not many of them were made but for yourself and anyone else who might have the same problem, any that would like to send theirs back to get fixed may do so and I'll ship them back free of charge. Or, $10 off next order.

I'll cross post this to my thread in the Guinea Pig Related Products as well.

I Heart Piggies

Post   » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm a new guinea pig person and right now my piggies are in a wooden hideaway. Does anyone substitute cozies for hideaways? Seems my babies would have more room if I tried adding a large cozy instead of the hideaway.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Does anyone substitute cozies for hideaways? Seems my babies would have more room if I tried adding a large cozy instead of the hideaway.
I use single-step stools. That way the pigs can interact with what is going on around them yet feel "safe". It also provides more ventilation.