severe mites--need Dex dose quick

Dpumpy

Post   » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:51 pm

I had some left over auction funds in my PayPal account that I just sent. Sorry it is not alot, and it is an odd amount, but I know you will put it to good use.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:21 pm

Hey Mel, I was just being mischievious. I did remove it. You are not madd. Yet.

lisam

Post   » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:23 pm

I figured something was afoot.

melcvt00

Post   » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:44 pm

You mean that wasn't my other self that posted that?

Hmm...didn't I do a whole thread talking to myself once?

PauloF

Post   » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:52 pm

And what did your other self answer? Or did your other self just proofread your thread?

melcvt00

Post   » Sun Aug 17, 2003 8:53 pm

Honestly, I can't remember.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:17 am

Well, I've just gone on a rampage. It seems like those females can't get adequate care no matter what I do.

On Wednesday, I gave them all an oral dose of Ivermectin and told Jim to give them another in one week. So he gave them another dose the next day.

Friday, Fenella offered to take the pigs and I told them that they had until Saturday night to call me back and I would send a volunteer to get them. They never called.

They called this morning and told me that the daughter has decided to keep the 3 females. Well, that made me really mad. So I had them put me on speakerphone and I told them that the animals had been severely neglected and were suffering terribly and that they needed to take them to the vet and have them treated or humanely euthanized. Suffering? they asked. Why didn't I tell them this before? I told them that it doesn't take a vet to see animals with no hair and huge sores and realize that they are suffering. Duh.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:17 am

I also gave them a lecture on parental responsibility. So they said that they would take them to the vet but couldn't spend a lot of money. I told them to take the pigs to my vet because I knew that he wouldn't charge them for unneccessary diagnostics and would know how to treat it.

So they took them to a vet in their area. They called me about a half hour ago and told me that the vet GAVE THE PIGS AN INJECTION OF IVERMECTIN. Did you tell the vet that they had just had some ivermectin? Yes, the said, but the vet said it was NO GOOD ORALLY. So he charged them 70$ and did absolutely nothing else for these pigs, wouldn't even handle them because he was allergic. He also told them to come back in TWO WEEKS for another shot.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:20 am

Did I give that vet a call? You bet your a$$ I did. I ranted on his voice mail for about 2 minutes, something like, "I don't know what kind of a vet you are, but I think what you did to those people borders on unethical." I gave him a lecture on the proper treatment of mites and directed him to this site. I also railed at him for not even clipping their nails so that they can't tear more holes in themselves scratching.

I'm so angry right now I can't even describe it. What the hell is wrong with people? Why can't 2 adults and a vet put their heads together and figure out how to TREAT AN EFFING CASE OF MITES PROPERLY????????

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:23 am

Chary, I don't know what else to say except that I empathize with your frustration.

I know it may not help these two poor pigs, but you are doing the best you can, and you're only one person and can't do everything. It's not much to take solace in, but look at the faces of all the pigs you do help.

I hope the situation can be resolved with the sows so that they are properly cared for.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:21 am

Well AC is no good now. All they have to say is they've received vet treatment and I'm sure all will be well. Stupid effing idiots! All of them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:45 am

That is absolutely maddening! I hope that vet hears every word you have to say. I would be tempted to drive over and tell him what you think of him to his face. What a bald faced lie! Unethical is right. I can see why you are so angry.