WindeSpirit.com-Original Cage Blankets-Igloos-Tunnels-&

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:52 am

I have a good suspicion nobody will be yanking them down. I think Pepper demonstrated that for us when I caught her doing this!
ImagePoor Shakes, I had to move it to the side for him.

You know me to well Kathy! I'll e-mail you.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 am

Cross posting from here

Muffinface writes:
Actually, WindeSpirit uses a length of bendy wire inside the cuff of her saks (at least the ones I have) to prop them open. The trick is getting the wire to not bunch up inside the cuff after repeated washings. Mine did, and now they don't stay open anymore. :( But it was SO HANDY while it lasted!

Problem got solved! I know not many of them were made but for yourself and anyone else who might have the same problem, any that would like to send theirs back to get fixed may do so and I'll ship them back free of charge. Or, $10 off next order.

Do please e-mail me first before sending any to be fixed and to get my new mailing address.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:36 am

Just giving a little update on some of the available fabrics. More is listed on my site.

Tunnels:
T.0909 -- 1 Available

T.0916 -- 3 Available

T.0917 -- 1 Available

T.0918 -- 2 Available

T.0927 -- 4 Available

T.0928 -- 2 Available

T.0929 -- 2 Available

T.0932 -- 2 Available

T.0933 -- 1 Available

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 am

Softy Hay Racks I've added a new size "Medley", which is between a medium to medium-large size.

SH.0907 - 1 Available - Medley (two prints used)

SH.0908 - 1 Available - Medley

SH.0909 - 1 Available - Medley

SH.0910 - 1 Available - Medley (two prints used)

Some that you can match as you desire. Each print availability below is for one side only, there must be two available if you wish all one print.

#1 - 4 Large Available

#3 - 2 Small and 1 Large Available

#4 - 3 Small and 4 Large Available

#8 - 2 Small Available

#9 - 2 Small and 2 Large Available

#10 - 1 Small and 2 Large Available

Of course more is available at my site.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:06 am

And a few special wash cloths that can be used as you wish, there is only 1 of each available:

WC.0706
ImageFun for the ladies.

WC.0701

WC.0702

WC.0704

WC.0705

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:19 am

I did create a page to help take the guess work out for those with Skinny (Hairless) Piggies, and other who have higher degrees of wetness problems like urine scald and bumble foot.
Specific For Skinny Guineas
If ever unsure, please don't hesitate to ask!

Also some asked for the Ferret Play page back. Here's a peak in on what's there:

FP.0813 - 1 available

FP.0812 - 1 available

FP.0811 - 1 available

FP.0810 - 1 available

Cheers!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:23 am

Your items are always so beautiful, WindeSpirit!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:53 am

Oh, that orange one with the goldfish is gorgeous! I like the sun and moons too.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:42 am

I love the aqua bright butterfly tunnel! I don't think I have cage fleece to match that, believe it or not. I am going to have to try and find some in those bright colors for the girls to get two of those tunnels :)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:24 am

Thank you Tracis, Lynx, and Weaver!

I hope this doesn't sound anything but silly and light-hearted ... *blink-blink* aumm, I don't think the queen of fleece is suppose to admit to that :P

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:00 am

I know, I know :) I had some that would have matched that perfectly, but it was pretty worn so I threw it out. Now the girls mainly have different pastel colors, or lighter brights. I need something really pretty and bright. I am going tomorrow to go and look. It actually SNOWED here last night so I can't go today. (Yup, snow in Alabama)

Mummato2now

Post   » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi WindeSpirit

I'm brand new to GuineaLynx and pretty new to Guinea Pigs too! I was looking through your post and your website an have some questions.

First: I love the idea of having soft fabric houses and igloos, but how do you make them retain their shape and stay put after washings? Is there a removable support or is it just fabric? Same for the tunnels, I like the idea, but wont they "squash" after a washing and be hard for my pigs to get into without pushing them around trying to get the hole open?

Second: I am in awe of the cage set-ups that I have seen on this site! They make me feel like a not so great Guinea mom...I have 2 pigs, one male and one female. They each have their own home (which I called Piggy Palaces until I visited this site today!!). I reused things I had here.

Each cage is a big black lab kennel. I made a plastic "tray" out of corroplast from a local sign shop and there are 3 levels for them to play and relax with wooden dowel "ramps" to access the different levels.

I have a litter box with pine shavings on the top story (because they kept wetting up there) along with a tent and blanket my son got at the pet store, the second story is not very big and is where their food is and the ramp to the third floor.

The first floor has a ramp to the second (providing a hiding area behind it) a hiding area under the second floor shelf, their water bottle and rolling hay dispenser.

The first floor has pine shavings, the second just has their commercial comfort shelf, and the third floor is soft and insulated with foam puzzle mat pieces that I cut to fit over a large piece of wire shelving I had left over from a project.

I can't have the C&C cages because we have a big black lab that I don't completely trust with a cage like that. I see that most people just use blankets, etc in their cages with no commercial bedding at all. I like that idea, but am wondering how in the world you stay on top of keeping it clean? My piggies are definately potty machines! I don't know how I would go about cleaning the poop easily every day and how I would stay on top of the wetting mess if I used strictly fabric. Any suggestions you (or any other members) have would be GREATLY appreciated!!

I'm sorry to have posted so long and to have asked these questions of you on this forum. I am still learning my way around.

Thank you in advance for educating a new Guinea mom! I love them dearly, and so do my boys. I just want to make sure I'm caring for them the way I should.