Henry's Thread

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:52 am

I am saddened at the loss of Henry but I am happy he had such a nice long and happy life. He seemed to be most happy living with you both and I know how he loved Frost. I hope Frost will not take it so bad.

God Speed Grandpa Henry. You were loved and adored by so many.

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:31 am

I downloaded an audiobook to the computer in Frost's room, so he has some gentle noise to keep him company. When I came down this morning, he came out of his tunnel to greet me and eat some hay. I have not seen him looking for Henry. Maybe Henry's passing in the cage - and Frost's role in keeping watch over him - will help him understand Henry's gone.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:45 am

I think it's great that you're having a necropsy done. I'll be interested in the results as well.

I hope Frost continues to do well and not miss Henry.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:36 am

I think that pigs are much more aware of a friend's death when they see it happening. Whereas when their buddy disappears and never comes back, it's like Elvis--they can't really believe he's gone, they only know that he was abducted by the Giant Hand and they miss him.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:24 am

Aww. Grandpa Henry. I agree with Brimstone-hoping he'd see a ripe old unheard of age of 15 or so! He had that spirit.

((hugs)) for you two and give scritches to Frost from me and my herd.

It is a sad time for GL.

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:46 am

Grandpa Henry was so special. I know we all loved him and felt like we knew him. STF is right, he had that spirit. I remember telling my vet about him on a few occasions, he was amazing.

Robyn3939
Lethal Lover

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Grandpa Henry will be missed so much. I know he is happily running in the green fields of grass at the Rainbow Bridge with all our little beloveds. Hugs to you Jim and Diana.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:11 pm

It was so hard to go to bed last night, knowing that Henry would pass while I was away. I'm glad he went in peace and with love. I hope Frost continues to do well, although I'm sure he will grieve in his way.

Love to all of you.

maremma

Post   » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Oh dear, I am so sorry sweet grandpa Henry is gone. He was such an amazingly little man:(

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:57 am

I am trying really hard to be glad about things: that he didn't suffer long, that he didn't deteriorate from another bladder stone, that he passed in his cozy cage with familiar people and friends.

But gosh, I really miss his happy little birdsong voice, and having a piggy I was so very bonded with.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:55 am

I know you are sad, he was so sweet. I too am sorry he is gone. How is Frost doing?

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 am

It is very hard to lose one of the ones you are bonded with. Two out of the three I have lost were my special piggies.

I hope Frost is doing ok without his buddy.