Different Breeds of Guinea Pigs (A Breeders view)

Miss-S

Post   » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:37 am

I'm sorry about the above post. For some reason it has posted twice and it wont let me edit to delete one. Lynx do you think you could get rid of one of them?

Next is Molly. She is the quietest, sweetest piggy I have ever met. She was adopted with Winky. They too used to fight. She was bred 3 times before I got her, hence she has a lot of surpless skin. She has a cute little neck that almost touches the floor. It reminds me of a turkey.

Molly lives with her beloved Marley. She is 2 and is a Ginger & White-Teddy.

Then there's the fabulous Marley. A lot of you will be familiar with this little guy.

He is approx 18months old. He is a Golden Agouti. His breed I have no idea about. He is ? American, Ridgeback or just has a random crest.

Here's the wise little man!

Finally is Jiggs. He is the product of a friends rescue piggy that had baby's. His Mum I believe is an; American-White & Brown coat. She has pink eyes. His dad is a; Golden Agouti-Teddy/Rex?

Jiggs is approx 5 weeks now:

PigHerder

Post   » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:23 pm

George is *almost* a dalmation, but has stripes instead of spots. He's still a cute character though.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:04 am

What a beauty!

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:53 pm

Great pics, thanks guys.

Just a reminder, PLEASE don't post pics on this thread. Links work a lot better and slow down the forum less. Some of us still have dial-up and it takes forever to load the pics.

kc0vbl

Post   » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 am

So I am trying to figure out what I have in my unusual family under the topic Mr. Mouse, Lily, Slipper, and Red - was there finally a page that resulted from this thread of colors/breeds with pictures?

Thanks!

CavyCastle
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:17 am

Forgive the ask, is ginger a real color? Something between red and orange? Or is it just supposed to be red? Or orange? I only ask because I have two piggies that are that color, and I have a running debate with many people about it. Help??

mmercedesmom
Supporter in '09

Post   » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:54 am

Not sure about the color, but here is the link to the list of Breeds that Josephine put together.
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... =pipsqueak

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:37 am

I'm not entirely sure about ginger. But Ginger is what they call red heads in the UK. So my guess is it's referring to a red haired pig.

I could be totally wrong though.