Henry's Thread

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:50 pm

And that's what we're all here for-the good of all pigs. Past, present and future. Thank you for sharing Henry's life and passing with us and all the information (although, like Debi, I do not understand the medical terminology!).

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:40 pm

I do not understand the medical terminology

I understand a lot of it, but I've been googling many words, let me tell you!

EllieMom

Post   » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

That must have been a hard read for you. BUt one thing I noticed made me smile--he was eating until the end. That has to be a sign that he was happy and comfortable.

EllieMom

Post   » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Double post--sorry.

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:49 pm

I think it's a huge credit to you, Henry's vets, and of course Henry, that he lived so long with kidney disease. I've had 2 pigs and a cat with kidney disease and know how hard it can be. Sounds like Henry was relatively healthy and comfortable until it finally became too much for his poor little body to deal with.

TWP_2

Post   » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:25 pm

Of course, we didn't actually know that he had a kidney disease until the necropsy results.

EllieMom, I hadn't really thought of it that way, but when reading your post, I did smile--you are right, he was happy right up to the end, even having just re-started eating hay with Frost.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri May 01, 2009 9:38 pm

TWP and TWP_2, I don't remember if I asked if I could add any of these pics to this thread but Tracis was reminding me how impressive the page 17 stone pic was and mentioned some xrays.

Let me know if it's okay with you all to add any of your pics.

TWP_2

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:33 am

Lynx, I don't remember whether we previously gave you permission, but you have permission to use any of our information and pictures for any www.guinealynx.info/ purpose.

TWP_2

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:44 am

I don't know why that became a link. I meant any
g u i n e a l y n x / e d u c a t i o n a l
purpose.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:52 am

Thanks, TWP_2!

You stumbled on my link shortcut.

You wrote www.guinealynx.info/

If you put www.guinealynx.info/ in front of handfeeding.html or any other string, it converts it to a url replacing the gl with www.guinealynx.info

Pretty handy, eh?

I'm a lazy dog.