Maggots on a burst CL lump-gross!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:17 pm

Great news!

How wonderful for the pigs that you came along and saved them.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:30 pm

I am picturing Barbara in a Mary Poppins like outfit, opening up her umbrella and getting ready to fly off to another home with piggies in need of someone to look after them.

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Good news, the lump is down to a size of a very small pea.

Sandy's husband, a pharmacist, told her that "That Vet should take lessons from Barbara!"

That was a high compliment. I'd like to thank all of you for imparting your medical wisdom through GL all these years.

Now, where has my umbrella got off to?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:59 pm

Thanks for the update. Sound like you might need to continue the medication until the lump is completely gone and continue monitoring for a while after that.

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:00 pm

Yes, Sandy is continuing the Bactrim. Her husband made it up and brought it home from the pharmacy that he owns.

My Buddy

Post   » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:48 pm

Good for you Barb!!! What a house!!! How are the pigs now?
Did Petco ever get what they needed?? I big kick in the you know where??

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:40 pm

It has been over two years and I KNEW that someday I would end up with these two girls, Noodle and Snuggles. Only now it is THREE (Two years ago Sandy got a Peruvian, Lucy, at Petco against my strongest objections).

Sandy has many times asked me to take these pigs but I always said no. I told her it was important to her girls that they realized that pets are not disposable.

When I would work at Sandy's I would always bring these pigs KM's bluegrass and sneak fresh veggies from Sandy's refrigerator and feed them. She rarely gave them fresh veggies.

She told me this week that she was going to take them to the Humane Society so I let my guard down and I said yes.

I brought them home today.

I have blocked off the top floor penthouse for these three girls. They can get used to the smells and sounds of the herd without being in the midst of it.

They are all 2 1/2 years old by now and very healthy. They are loving all the fresh veggies and KM's bluegrass.

I know that the Humane Society would have been fine for them but I foster for Treasure Coast Humane Society and probably would have had these girls in my home anyway.

So we are back up to 13. Bruce was so sweet in making sure they were comfy. I said "You are such a good Piggy Dad." He said with a twinkle in his eye "I prefer to be called 'Piggy Pa'."

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:06 pm

Piggy Pa has a nice ring to it :-)

It is frustrating when a friend/acquaintance does not do the right thing by their pets. Do you think you will look for a new home for them? I'm glad they are at least healthy.

Barbara Osborn
Supporter from '05 - '12

Post   » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm not good at rehoming pigs. I just end up keeping them all. I get too attached to my pigs, even when I foster them.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:56 am

I hear ya' on the fake fostering :)

I have just read the thread and I have to congratulate you on having such a wonderful and kind heart! Thank you for helping the 3 girls :)

magicmoo

Post   » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Thankyou, Barbara for sticking by these pigs for the long haul. You are a kind soul with a big heart. I am in awe of your dedication. I know that I too, will be called upon to take a friends' pigs that were bought to accessorize with a tiny pink pet store cage any day soon. I hope that I will be able to act with the integrity and grace that you have shown.

Pictures? Pretty please?

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks for all you've done for these little pigs!

It is such a hard thing to see someone you otherwise like or care about shirk responsibility when it comes to their pets.