Object swallowed

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:04 pm

While there are cases of cavies that prefer solitude, I have found that it is mostly about matching their personalities :) I have a neutered boar, Lucky, who I have tried with several piggies, and there was always bloodshed. Then Michelle came along, and Lucky is just smitten with her. Not so much the other way around :) She just tolerates him. But they work wonderfully together; knowing how hard and how many other piggies I tried and how easily he found his match, personality matching plays a big role.

Adopting from a rescue that works with you at pairing works wonders.

Good luck :)

On a different note, I have a piggie that I have tried housing on fleece but gave up because she just loves to eat the fleece. I've never seen actual fleece coming out. Just normal poop and pee output :)

Ituree

Post   » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:53 am

Unfortunately, there are no cavy rescues in Spain, my chances are adopting from someone who has has babies or buying from a shop, so it's harder to see if their personalities could match. Anyways, she's not aggresive, she's very dependent and spoilt (my fault), and I'm afraid of her not being able to share her food, her house and me with another piggie. BUt she has good mood, she's really nice. The only time she was with another, that other cavy was ill so maybe Mizu was nervous because of that. I don't know.
The thing is, I live with my parents and I can't bring cavies just to try if they are compatible, I can't have two cages. I'm trying to adopt, asking people if their piggies are docile, maybe someday I found one! Wish me luck!

About the label thing, she's doing just fine. Her droppings are completely normal and she's eating a lot. Her pee is also normal. Actually, the only thing is that she's a little bloated but that's normal on her.
And yes, I didn't give her the oil, I saw her doing everything ok so she didn't need anything.
Thank you so much. This is a great forum.