C&C cage question: About the 'kitchen area'

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:44 pm

Momo, I love your set up, just love it!

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Thank you New Guinea Mom, I just copied off Weaver's cages! :)

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:32 pm

One day I'll be able to do that too! :o) I love your storage!

Finaldecember

Post   » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:54 pm

New Guinea Mom, where did you get that patterned coroplast?! I didn't even know it was made in anything but solid colors. But yes, it does give me an idea of which direction I'd like to go. Both of my boys tend to use the area near their food and water as a litter box already, so making two separate coroplast 'boxes' would make it a LOT easier for cleaning up. Both in terms of mess and how often I would need to wash the fleece.

Weaver, thank you so much for that link. I remember seeing it once before when I first came to the site, but when I went looking again before I posted this thread, I couldn't find it. Shows you how much I know about message boards. :)

Cutemomomi - HA! I love the looks on your piggies' faces in that video. Totally not sorry about making the mess. And I might just have to partially copy your cage idea at some point. Under-cage storage would be wonderful even if I used it for more than just the piggie stuff.

Everyone else - thank you for the ideas! Once everything is all set up, I'll have to post pictures either in this thread or the 'show off your cage' thread.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 pm

Finaldecember, I have regular coroplast that I used stickers on. I got the idea from Weaver! Momo also did something similar on the front of her coroplast, which also gave me the idea to do my front as well. :o)

I can't wait to see your complete cage and babies.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:37 am

Okay, where do ya'll get that rainbow bridge thingy for the piggies to walk over? Weaver, is that easy for them to get into the kitchen? I'm liking your low walls, but I want to keep the hay inside the kitchen area. I just place it on the floor.

I want to redo my kitchen! :o)

SweetWhisper

Post   » Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:34 am

It is made by Super Pets, it is called fiddle sticks. They come in small, medium and large, I use the large. it can be found here http://www.petmountain.com/product/smal ... 10-w-.html . I think they only carry the tropical ones here in the states, although I like the way natural ones looks, I seem to only find those in the UK.

xXSilencerXx

Post   » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:39 pm

I made a 2x4 CC cage and built a 1x2 "Kitchen" Area to the side of it. I didn't want to ake away from his running room.

marbles
Supporter in '09

Post   » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:02 am

I just have a med PVC pipe (about 2" thick) that I put down on the floor to separate the kitchen area. My pigs can easily jump or walk over it. I'm still playing around with it to figure out what works best for us, and it has been nice that it is so adjustable. I just move the pipe to change the size of the kitchen area and when I tried shavings and pine pellets, it contains it. I'm back trying to use a thin cling-free poly fabric in the kitchen & play area (sweeps really well, even hay and hair).

GuineaPigMother

Post   » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:47 pm

I am in progress of trying to make a C&C cage. I just need to know where i can buy the bottom pan to put on the bottom. Do you know where I can get one?

Finaldecember

Post   » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:50 pm

I found my coroplast at a sign store, but you might be lucky enough to find it at a home improvement store like Lowe's or an art supply store.

Alibabble

Post   » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:43 pm

Home Depot and Rona carries coroplast as well.