This Little Piggy Marketplace

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Okay. I contacted Summit Hill Labs today about this product. I was told by the rep that the formula of Chew Guard has not changed, but the size of the droplets has been increased slightly -- she said there were complaints that the original product produced too fine a mist. ?

I emailed my contact at Lambert Vet also, to see if he could send me the actual list of ingredients. The rep at Summit Hills didn't seem to have it available.

In the meantime, I'm going to tak ethe product off TLPM until I know for sure that it's the same thing.

Thanks!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:23 pm

That makes some sense. The fine mist can float into airways and eyes. This would stick better.

I am looking at my bottle. The words are small and hard for me to read. Ingredient list says:

Synthetic and Vegetable Flavors 1.2% Inert ingredients 98.8%

I will try to take a pic of the words tomorrow and post it for you to read. Too dark now.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:47 am

Okay, my contact at Lambert wrote back yesterday afternoon, with the following information from Nelson Labs:

The ingredients on Chew Guard have not changed in 30 years; however, there was been a slight change in a ratio of the ingredients. When asked for a list of the ingredients, the manufacturer stated that they do not give it out "because they are just food flavors."

The change in ingredient ratios has made the product stickier. This was in response to complaints that the fine mist was spraying customers in the face during use.

-----------

Lynx, will GL continue to list Chew Guard on the Supplies page?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:00 am

I forgot to give my review of the water bottle brushes I bought from Revival. After using them many times now I've decided they are "ok", at best.

The handle on the main brush could be a little stiffer. The little brush for the spouts could be a little more narrow and bend slightly more easily.

That said, it's better than nothing!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:58 am

Sef, yes, I will likely continue to list it. Sounds like they have made it safer to spray. I just wondered if it was an entirely different product after a few years. Hopefully it would help.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 am

Slave2 -- thanks for the review. I won't add them to TLPM, then. I'm pretty sure I owned that same set myself awhile back, and the brushes eventually rusted. Best bottle brush I've found so far, has actually been one that I got at my local grocery store.

Lynx -- sounds good. I'll go ahead and add Chew Guard back to the site this weekend.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:26 pm

TLPM News

Just wanted to mention that This Little Piggie Marketplace is now partnering with Drs. Fosters & Smith to offer the full line of Oxbow products. I'm also working out details to offer several American Pet Diner products.

Be sure to sign the new TLPM Guestbook when you stop in! Feedback and testimonials are greatly appreciated. :}

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:53 pm

Sounds great! I really appreciate the time you've taken to put this together. The products you have make so much sense and it is so handy to have them all in one place.

I hope people take a good look around. They might realize they are missing something vital!

By the way, have you thought of "starring" certain products as essentials? Maybe some could be starred as daily products, others starred as products handy for medical care (when needed).

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:14 pm

That is really nice, Sef.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Very cool!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Thanks! :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Sef, maybe you should post a pic of your product of the week (plus a blurb) and a link to where it can be found on your site.