Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 pm

I could. I'm just trying to make it really easy for my adopters to have an approved cage.

rshevin, *if* you are in Target and happen to see some black grids, please pick them up for me. I'll get them from you one way or another. B'ham isn't that far!

Most of my Target's have sold out. I may have to go on a hunt for them at some of the older stores.

rshevin

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 pm

I'll definitely start shopping for you. I believe there are 4 Targets somewhat near my house.

Are you also interested in chrome and blue or just black?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:26 pm

Just black. It's easier to use that with any colors in someone's house. And I can get black coroplast easier than any other color. Maybe I can talk this sign guy into a discount since it's for the rescue!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:30 pm

I hear you about making it easier for them. Grids are becoming too much of an issue.

You have to order them online at a higher cost nowadays. Shelving unit is the next best thing.

rshevin

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Oh and shelving is also available in black but I think you have to go to the garage section. I don't know how the price compares.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Do y'all have any pictures of the shelving you're talking about? Is it like ClosetMaid shelving?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 pm

I think I am going to contact the manufacturer of the grids (the ones in Walmart) and see if they can give rescues a deal on the grids.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 5:23 pm

I was at Target and they have new packaging on their grids. The brand is 're-room organizing' but the grids are the unsafe spacing still unfortunately. It's an orange box now.

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 pm

If you have a Meijer nearby, they have the correct sized grids (9x9), $25 for a 6-cube set. Comes in black or white.
It can be found in the "Hardware" section.

They were out for a while but the store near me recently had a big shipment come in.

luv4cyootpiggies

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Just for anybody in the area (mooresville, NC) at the Super Target, they no longer carry the old grids, unsurprisingly. I double checked all the organize-it boxes, made sure I was not missing any of the old boxes in the isle they were in, and cursed. Apparently this Target had stopped manufactoring them too. Bummer! Argh! So this means I cannot go to the Target whenever I need more grids, which would be more convienent versus ordering off of Wal-mart and waiting for them to arrive in the store (Which I have done and am waiting now for the first box, a pretty purple!). Bed, Bath, and Beyond do not have them either. When I was living in Florida, the Target there had been selling them and I should have bought more than one box (my mom threw them away, I no longer have them). The employees weren't much help regarding the question I asked them "Do you guys no longer manufactor them here?", but I knew they wouldn't know anyways. It looks like it will have to be ordered off of Wal-mart from now on.

As for the remark about cloroplast going up, I have to agree. The only reason I did not have to pay $25 for a sheet of Cloroplast was because the 4x8 would not fit in the SUV so I had to settle for a 4x6 pre-cut sheet, which ended up being $16. However, when I told them the use for the cloroplast, they had no idea why I would want to use it for a guinea pig cage (go figure). Nobody seems to be in this area who has piggies.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Ok do you understand that stuff isn't made at an individual Target store but rather made and purchased in bulk for the entire company at once? No wonder the employees were confused. that's a very strange question to ask someone.

luv4cyootpiggies

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:38 pm

No I did not. Sorry for the wrong question.