Soft poop-please help

Brenda B

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 am

She is doing very well on the bactrim. I am still ever watchful of this particular pig but I think she is stable for now.

Eating, drinking, pooping, peeing and weighed 936 this AM.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 12:12 pm

So what's the next step?

Brenda B

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 2:34 pm

Just one day at a time. Be happy for the good days and watchful for change I guess.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Does she need surgery or anything? Dr. Greek said the meds would cure her? What does she have?

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 4:24 pm

"Just one day at a time. Be happy for the good days and watchful for change I guess."

I heard some vet who wrote a book interviewed on NPR and he said animals live in the moment. I try to think about that when I'm worried or lose one. Along with trying to keep them healthy, being happy for the day really matters to them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm

They may live in the moment but we want those moments to be good moments. And they have memories and sadness.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 12, 2009 10:35 pm

Well, yes, I think that's what I was trying to say, but I wasn't very clear. I know they have sadness because Celia grieved for her buddy Tildy.

Brenda B

Post   » Thu May 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Well, my obsession with Sierra's health was broken unexpectedly when I had to take my son to the hospital for an infection on Tuesday early AM. We just got home tonight.

He is ok and she survived without me. My DH gave her meds, changed the cage (I told him to forget the fleece and use shavings to make it easier), checked water, gave veggies etc.

I never have trusted him before but there was no way I was leaving my son...so I demonstrated how to medicate her on a stuffed animal at the hospital. HA HA!!!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri May 15, 2009 2:27 pm

Glad Sierra survived : ) and even more glad your son's out of the hospital. Hope *he's* doing ok.

Brenda B

Post   » Fri May 15, 2009 10:18 pm

All is back to normal. After 3 days away, the pigs wheeked when they heard my voice when I came home!

My son is doing well and I am exhausted! :)

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat May 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Hooray for normal! Sorry about the exhaustion.

"After 3 days away, the pigs wheeked when they heard my voice when I came home!"

They know who their slave is.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sun May 17, 2009 1:41 am

Poor you. I am so glad everything is working out!